DCI Corps at the Crest - San Diego 2023

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Don’t find myself as into what they’re doing with props this year, 2022 and 2019 were masterclasses in that regard, these just kinda sit there. 

I don't think we're seeing them fully utilized yet.  That's one area I can see them doing their "BD lets the show grow organically" thing through the season. 

I mean eventually they're going to be the cut outs, we know that.  I could easily see them build through the season to interact with them earlier in creating the cut outs.

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

The ballad breathes well.  I'm liking it more than Moon River last year which never quite settled down and sold itself to me.  (I know I'm in the minority on that)

I understand what you are saying about Moon River last season and largely agree. It was still my favorite ballad of 2022 though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

The ballad breathes well.  I'm liking it more than Moon River last year which never quite settled down and sold itself to me.  (I know I'm in the minority on that)

I'm getting the emotion and expressiveness I was hoping for from Moon River last year. I'm 100% in agreement on this.

• Like 2

There are two shows here.  Jojo and Both Sides Now absolutely rock.  The rest has some really janky pacing and weird transitions, closer completely lost me.  Even though I know how well they layer throughout the season this one feels more vulnerable to me.  

They are amazing once again.  We shall see where they end up.  

• Like 9

That show will change quite a bit, but it's already off to a very good start

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1