Corn on DeKalb

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

Look at that PR score! 

Clean up the percussion and visual and it’s untelling what they’re capable of!

3 minutes ago, lawdn said:

BLUE STARS: so worried they are falling into a GE hole they won’t recover from. Lots to like in music and visual but at start it takes too long to catch fire and only ignites fully at a few memorable moments. Maybe it will come as MMs get more comfortable and start to sell show? Is it staging? So much talent.

This. I drank the Kool-Aid thinking they would be able to capitalize on their 7th place finish, last year, with a show and corps that would be challenging for 6th or maybe 5th place, this year. GE and another weak percussion section seem to be holding them back. 

• Like 1

Visual proficiency scores raise my eyebrows. 

Percussion numbers mess with the ordinals but make sense to me. There’s a number of those mid and lower end finalist corps with percussion punching above their weight this year. 

Phantom definitely looks to have cemented themselves as a top 6 contender and probable finish, the added judges/corps at larger shows haven’t been put in the equation yet, but it looks like they’re going to be right behind the top 4, and lead the rest of the pack! We’ll see how much they can narrow the gap between them and the top 4 with more looks and refinement

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1