Whitewater Rafting

Just now, treved said:

Eh, 2.5 points isn’t a completely whole tier. I like them sticking that close to Boston so they stay ahead of the corps behind them. 

It is a whole different tier however, imo.  The top 4 corps tier are within a point of one another..... mere tenths.... at the moment. Phantom however has a great shot of improving to 5th this season even despite the percussion scores.

• Like 3

I think Phantom is solidly 5th this year. They seem to be in their own tier. 

Doubt they’ll be able to catch the Top 4, but I also don’t envision Cadets, Mandarins, Cavies, or BS gaining ground on them either. 

This is the perfect year for them as an organization. Finished last year on fire, continue the momentum this year to go into the off-season with the sights set on a medal in 2024. 

Edited by DCIFan91
  • Like 4

Just now, DCIFan91 said:

Doubt they’ll be able to catch the Top 4, but I also don’t envision Cadets, Mandarins, Cavies, or BS gaining ground on them either. 

This is the perfect year for them as an organization. Finished last year on fire, continue the momentum this year to go into the off-season with the mindset of a medal in 2024. It’s a great time to be a Phan. 

Exactly this. I don't think any corps behind them will catch them, but I don't think they'll get close to overtaking any of the top 4 either. On their own island 

16 minutes ago, regimentlvr said:

Phantom was 5th on percussion stars were 8th. If they weren’t 5th they’d be giving bac a run for their money 

...and if King Arthur had a daughter instead of Mordred, he likely would not have had any more dread. 😊

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DCIFan91 said:

Wayyyyyyy too early. They’re usually a corps that figures things out as the season progresses. 

It seems silly to totally throw them to the side because they got “passed” by Cavies tonight (I would not be surprised if they flip again tomorrow night). 

But I do think it’s fair to say that they have some issues at the moment. 

Cavies don’t perform again until Thursday. So hold on for 4 days of rehearsal, 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

It is a whole different tier however, imo.  The top 4 corps tier are within a point of one another..... mere tenths.... at the moment. 

BD 84 may have broken up the top tier some.  Looking forward to the Ft. Collins show.

8 hours ago, DCIFan91 said:

This is the perfect year for them as an organization. Finished last year on fire, continue the momentum this year to go into the off-season with the sights set on a medal in 2024. 

...and with a show that the crowd loves. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DCIFan91 said:

I agree with this for now. I think Phantom is a solid 5th. I do think Cadets can catch them but I am not sure they will pass PR. Need more of a read on Mandarins but they are really good. Unless Cavaliers put this show into focus and clean they will be 7th or lower. 

12 hours ago, dureau said:

Cavies don’t perform again until Thursday. So hold on for 4 days of rehearsal, 

I think they have a picnic today. Rosemont picnic...