The Battle for 12th!!!

It seems the top 11 are pretty much set in stone, but that 12th spot is up for grabs right now! I know I'm comparing 3 different shows from last night, but Blue Knights, Madison, Crossmen, Pacific Crest, Academy, and Spirit were all within 2 points! How amazing would it be to see 6 corps battling for that last Finals spot!?!? Who you got?

I'm taking Blue Knights, but I would LOVE to see PC shock the World. 

Edited by CAtenhut
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

It seems the top 11 are pretty much set in stone, but that 12th spot is up for grabs right now! I know I'm comparing 3 different shows from last night, but Blue Knights, Madison, Crossmen, Pacific Crest, Academy, and Spirit were all within 2 points! How amazing would it be to see 6 corps battling for that last Finals spot!?!? Who you got?

If I was a betting man, my money is on BK. 

But total agreement with PC. Would be awesome to see them in 12th!

• Like 1

My head says Blue Knights.

My heart wants Pacific Crest, Madison, or Academy.

The Champion of the Underdog in me says Crossmen.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CAtenhut said:

I am going to be as unbiased as I can be.  

• PC will have the cleanest show to the vision of the designer by end of year, but I think it still needs a bigger impact wow moment at the end and i hope they have that up their sleeves.
  • BK has the best brass book but their forms and movement are super sloppy as are a lot of their playing.  If they can do a super clean up then I would say they control their destiny the most.
  • I'm not sold on Madison's show.
  • Academy has a fun show but they haven't shown improvement over the last 2 weeks so I question if they will be able to clean it up enough to compete with the others.  I feel they are like PC and will need a perfect show to get a chance at 12th spot
  • Crossmen - I am not sold on their show and it was the messiest of all of them.  No clue how they got 70+ other than they were the Crossmen.  They showed last year they can make big improvements quickly but they also didn't ever get to that "IT" show last year.  I see them as a 13th position corp this year.
  • Wild Card - Spirit - I don't know much about them but in the past they've shown to know how to make finals. Who knows what the next week brings which should really give everyone an idea.

Also, I know people are sold on the troopers and colts.  I will say I don't know where the troopers go from here with their show.  Unless they have a ton of hidden show features they haven't shown yet I am not sold they can't be caught.  I think the Colts show has more upside to overtake them and are solid top 11.  But I know Troopers fans will call me crazy for that take! 🙂  To those fans, I actually cheer for the Troopers and my son wanted to play for them this year but decided not to try out.  So it's hard to say I don't see their show progressing and getting tons stronger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My everything says BK but I really want Spirit to do an upset. I think I enjoy their show the most out of all of them but I think it lacks a little difficulty compared to others. Crossmen have the biggest disappointment to me and I thought they would come out with something like their Valkyrie show. 

So many stories pulling the heartstrings and pulling me in different directions - I am cheering for them all.

Madison Scouts - iconic program and fan favorite looking to return to Finals after a transformation of part of their core identity.

Spirit of Atlanta - iconic program and fan favorite with a history of resilience looking to return to Finals after a year of inactivity to right the program

Blue Knights - perennial finalist with a unique identity looking to return to Finals after weathering some turbulence and transition at administrative level

The Academy - resurgent corps looking to recapture the mid 2010s magic and make their 2nd Finals appearance

Pacific Crest - after their inspiring chrage toward their first Finals was derailed by the hiatus and staff changes, coming back strong with a promising program

Crossmen - storied program just ended a long run in Finals and fighting to get back

8 minutes ago, spacewill said:

I am going to be as unbiased as I can be.  

• PC will have the cleanest show to the vision of the designer by end of year, but I think it still needs a bigger impact wow moment at the end and i hope they have that up their sleeves.
  • BK has the best brass book but their forms and movement are super sloppy as are a lot of their playing.  If they can do a super clean up then I would say they control their destiny the most.
  • I'm not sold on Madison's show.
  • Academy has a fun show but they haven't shown improvement over the last 2 weeks so I question if they will be able to clean it up enough to compete with the others.  I feel they are like PC and will need a perfect show to get a chance at 12th spot
  • Crossmen - I am not sold on their show and it was the messiest of all of them.  No clue how they got 70+ other than they were the Crossmen.  They showed last year they can make big improvements quickly but they also didn't ever get to that "IT" show last year.  I see them as a 13th position corp this year.
  • Wild Card - Spirit - I don't know much about them but in the past they've shown to know how to make finals. Who knows what the next week brings which should really give everyone an idea.

Also, I know people are sold on the troopers and colts.  I will say I don't know where the troopers go from here with their show.  Unless they have a ton of hidden show features they haven't shown yet I am not sold they can't be caught.  I think the Colts show has more upside to overtake them and are solid top 11.  But I know Troopers fans will call me crazy for that take! 🙂  To those fans, I actually cheer for the Troopers and my son wanted to play for them this year but decided not to try out.  So it's hard to say I don't see their show progressing and getting tons stronger.

At this level I think it is about who can clean the best. All of those competing for 12th now have to show they can do it better than their peers.

Edited by lawdn

My knowledge on what any of the corps in the bubble are doing is very minimal still, haven’t been able to sit down and see any of these groups enough, hopefully that changes later in the season!

Very exciting to see so many corps in contention for that last spot!

Edited by Vidal28Rdg

Hoping it's Blue Knights. Something about it really resonated with me and I hope they go far.

• Like 1