What happens first? (Boston and Mandarins)

18 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

While the Mandarins haven't gone head-to-head yet with corps you mentioned, Mandarins did beat Phantom and Cavies multiple times last season, including beating both of them at the 2022 San Antonio regional. 

Yes PR and Cavs finished above them 8th/9th at finals and rightfully so, Mandarins have proved they can go toe to toe with two of the multi time champs you brought up. 

We will see what happens starting Saturday vs Troopers, which in another thread I believe you said will beat the Mandarins this year. 

Time for everyone to put up or shut up. 

Mandarins were very worthy last year, and they're even MORE worthy this year, but they do have some intonation issues, some percussion issues, and fewer guard issues to contend with compared to the field.

The Tubas are top-notch ( gotta give them a special shout-out), and I love the show. I see Mandarins climbing for sure, but it's gonna be a tight year. They're definitely in it to climb.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Mandarins were very worthy last year, and they're even MORE worthy this year, but they do have some intonation issues, some percussion issues, and fewer guard issues to contend with compared to the field.

The Tubas are top-notch ( gotta give them a special shout-out), and I love the show. I see Mandarins climbing for sure, but it's gonna be a tight year. They're definitely in it to climb.

I can't argue anything you said. Spot on. 

12 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Every brassline has been consistently having intonation issues each show, including Boston (mellos). I think it's normal this early in the season.

Or we can just blame Flo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Every brassline has been consistently having intonation issues each show, including Boston (mellos). I think it's normal this early in the season.

Or we can just blame Flo. 

I always like to blame flo!

Actually, BD is impressing me more and more, which is blasphemy for me, but they're sounding good.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

No one is beating BD. Period. 

giphy.gif

One. Can. Hope.

I'll grab onto the last third of the show for hope. Honestly, I still like Bloo, but most of the other corps aren't being as creative as they could be in the design department for me to get too excited about their chances of defeating BD other than Bluecoats.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

No one is beating BD. Period. 

giphy.gif

Ok...the lipreading doesn't match the text.  But the hand gesture is a bit fast but comes dang close to an ASL sign that, with the text, would reference a different kind of period.

...my bilingual brain can't unsee it...

awkward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Ok...the lipreading doesn't match the text.  But the hand gesture is a bit fast but comes dang close to an ASL sign that, with the text, would reference a different kind of period.

...my bilingual brain can't unsee it...

awkward.

Are we really analyzing memes now? 

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Are we really analyzing memes now? 

Not analyzing as much as just...it's right there.  Y'all hearies make gestures sometimes that mean things.  

I'm still unable to forget going through Detroit airport past one of those multi screen giant TV things they had playing an NBA game and some coach was trying to encourage his players to play in a triangle and 2 defense but all I could see is him boldly gesturing a part of female anatomy and hollering "COME ON GUYS."  

It was...hilarious. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, CAtenhut said:

The question isn't which is more likely to happen this year. It's which do you think will happen first in the future... if at all. 

You clearly missed the point of the question because I think you're still stuck on "I don't get the Mandarins hype" argument. I think it's being brought up because almost everyone else who has seen them live or on Flo disagree with you. Hopefully your opinion on them changes once you see them live.

Cpt Snarky please note the wording…

I said it in my original message I don’t judge my enjoyment of a show  based on Flo alone 

You said almost everyone likes their show this season.    please show me the facts/evidence proves that almost everyone enjoys their show this year?