Ankeny Scores

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Even if we took SCV out, that's still three out of four. 

I would love for BD to start out east and go unbeaten just to watch the haters reactions. That would be epic. 

troublemaker lolol

6 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

troublemaker lolol

LMAO!

Not even gonna lie. I already went to the store and got my popcorn ready for this upcoming Tuesday night, Broken Arrow. But it's not for the show, it's for the aftermath of scores and placements in that thread if BD wins lol. 

We remember what that thread was like last year when BD won. 

So you already know what's coming if BD wins next week lol. 

It's a darn shame, yet quite hilarious when the adults in these show threads start acting younger than the kids performing the shows, because some results didn't go their way lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

adults in these show threads start acting younger than the kids performing the shows,

My 2022 DCP experience in a nutshell.

I made a video called "The Blue Devils Rant" about why it's stupid that people were so angry about Tempus Blue winning and baseless accusations of BD cheating that were flying around. I got a ton of comments all saying "Based take" (slang for "i agree/good opinion").

I checked the profiles of these commenters.

They were 2022 Blue Devils.

• Like 2

Last year there were a bunch of people whining about how much they hated Tempus Blue in the comments of my DCI videos that had nothing to do with BD, but I often wear my Tempus Blue shirt for videos.

Jokes on them, I bought a 2023 general DCI tour shirt. Now you have to whine about every corps. 

I'm expecting BD to win. I just hope the gap between 1 and 2 is small enough for the rest of the season to be interesting. 

2015 and 2019 were exciting 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Why must EVERY thread turn into a BD tread? They weren't even at this show. A little oxygen for the rest of us, please

You're right.  I apologize for my portion of the direction change. 

10 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Why must EVERY thread turn into a BD tread? They weren't even at this show. A little oxygen for the rest of us, please

Because sometimes conversations go in different directions.

9 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Last year there were a bunch of people whining about how much they hated Tempus Blue in the comments of my DCI videos that had nothing to do with BD, but I often wear my Tempus Blue shirt for videos.

Jokes on them, I bought a 2023 general DCI tour shirt. Now you have to whine about every corps. 

I didn't really care for Tempus Blue. I didn't care for Boston either (boring). Crown, I liked a lot when I first saw them, but after a few viewings the show just got irriating. Bloo was my fav. And Vanguard and Regiment.

But, it doesn't matter whether I like a show or not. I understand why Tempus Blue won and it deserved to win.

9 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

LMAO!

Not even gonna lie. I already went to the store and got my popcorn ready for this upcoming Tuesday night, Broken Arrow. But it's not for the show, it's for the aftermath of scores and placements in that thread if BD wins lol. 

We remember what that thread was like last year when BD won. 

So you already know what's coming if BD wins next week lol. 

It's a darn shame, yet quite hilarious when the adults in these show threads start acting younger than the kids performing the shows, because some results didn't go their way lol. 

ha...I'm taking it one day at a time.  I think tonight's show will help disprove the inflation argument if PC can represent well vs. troopers (within 2 ish points).  Funny part is my favorite corps are Crown, SCV, and Cadets.  I obviously am a new PC and Mandarins fan and will forever be, and love BDs show this year so I will cheer for good shows.  It's not west coast bias when I listened to BD in person and said out loud "Holy %#$@@$# they are amazing...same with Mandarins!"

Edited by spacewill
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Since 2007, only five shows have managed to beat BD. 

2008-Phantom Regiment/Spartacus..........Started out west in June vs BD

2011-Cadets/Angels vs Demons.................Started out west in June vs BD

2013 Carolina Crown/E=mc2.......................Started out west in June vs BD

2016 Bluecoats/Downside Up......................Did not start out west.

2018 Santa Clara Vanguard/Babylon...........Started out west in June vs BD

Only Bloo managed to get past BD without seeing them in California.

Stats don't lie.

Maybe there is something to this. 

My point exactly. 

• Like 1