Duke Luke of Dubuque

1 minute ago, Vuitton said:

But why do we have to get it. It's got nice visuals, nice guard, and the music is good.

Do you really get every show?

I'm not picking on you or being nasty. I just think DCI has gotten so pretentious with show themes and us having to take a 12 week course to "get" it.

There’s a lot of space between your two extremes.  A well thought out and good show theme doesn’t have to be complex.  Thinking Pacific Crest 2019, Bluecoats 2014, etc.  

This show is pretty convoluted on the thematic side.  

• Like 2

Crossmen has done some cleaning on the first half of the show.  But there's a big problem in the middle.  Staging the drum line in the back during that up tempo production is causing some serious timing issues.

Someone mentioned Madison could add pulling silks out of the cat toy ball. I think that would work. Make them metallic colors that match. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’m sorry, but this looks more like 13-15 place corps at this time

I agree, they need to clean, clean, clean. But boy, does that show have potential. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

There’s a lot of space between your two extremes.  A well thought out and good show theme doesn’t have to be complex.  Thinking Pacific Crest 2019, Bluecoats 2014, etc.  

This show is pretty convoluted on the thematic side.  

Don't quote me! 🙂

Yes, you are right. I tend to work in extremes. There's no middle ground with me.

Edited by Vuitton

I like the old school take the field in a block formation and break to the set. 

it’s not as old as starting off the line but. Yeah. 

• Like 1

Now it's time to push a ball around for 10 minutes just so we have something to push around for 10 minutes. Talk about not getting it.

• Thanks 1