Bluecoats, BD, and SA (TW: Sexual Assault)

11 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Let me fix that for you,

"It's also putting an awful lot of responsibility on a accuser."

The burden is ALWAYS on the one that accuses.  It has to be that way.  You have already judged the people involved as a victim and guilty.

Please don't. I was referring to myself and Vanguard leadership has confirmed that I'm a victim after investigating my case.

How many times do I have to repeat that I'm not commenting on the current case. Y'all are free to, but I never have and won't. We don't have enough info.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Bird said:

It is never stated that the Bluecoats allowed it. It is just speculation. I highly doubt that the Bluecoats of all corps would have ever allowed that to happen. They cannot constantly be monitoring adults who are expected to behave like adults. 

Welcome to the modern USA nanny state.  I honestly don't get holding organizations, when they take prudent measures, need to be lambasted over adult individuals that do bad things that, it the world of reality, no one can stop 100% of the time.  It would be like chasing a fart in a whirlwind.  I mean even BEYOND any contract you sign you (the adult individual) are still held to the letter of the law regardless.

Edited by Mello Dude
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, resipsaloquitur said:

Fanning public opinion is a precursor to legal action. The posts did have legal undertones. Hence, Coats have a potential legal liability issue. BD appears to have dealt with their PR issue.

At this point, I wonder who exactly is fanning public support for legal action "potentially" being directed towards Bluecoats?

Perhaps the very words of the v-s should carry more weight than a member of the pitchfork brigade.

"The Bluecoats did everything they could for me and got me in contact with all the right people. There was nothing the Bluecoats could’ve done except support me, which is exactly what they did."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This goes both ways. 

Big time.  More one than the other as we have seen.

Just now, scheherazadesghost said:

This sure has been a fun way to spend what is a holiday week for me. But I'll go ahead and bow out.

When verified survivors and concerned parents start reaching out to others in this thread who are voraciously defending the accused before all the info is out there, feel free to wake me up.

Just wow.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Please don't. I was referring to myself and Vanguard leadership has confirmed that I'm a victim after investigating my case.

How many times do I have to repeat that I'm not commenting on the current case. Y'all are free to, but I never have and won't. We don't have enough info.

Absolutely not enough info.

• Like 4

I totally agree that there isn't enough information.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Absolutely not enough info.

2 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

I totally agree that there isn't enough information.  

Not enough information and with what information we do have, this particular situation is out of the drum corps worlds hands now. The accuser stated Bluecoats did everything she needed them to do and it would appear the accused is leaving “on his own accord” though I believe that to be more of a “mutual” suggested course of action. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Not enough information and with what information we do have, this particular situation is out of the drum corps worlds hands now. The accuser stated Bluecoats did everything she needed them to do and it would appear the accused is leaving “on his own accord” though I believe that to be more of a “mutual” suggested course of action. 

Well, hopefully there will be resolution of this at some point.  This is on the internet now and will certainly ruin lives.

• Like 3