Battle At The Alamo(dome) - July 22,2023

10 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Scott Chandler already has 2024's 4-peat show in the can and as we speak is likely working on 2025.  Maybe Mandarins will challenge them by then. 

No, Pacific Crest will challenge them, followed by Gold!

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2023 at 2:49 PM, wilme861 said:

I would love for Bluecoats to do a show along the lines of Tron. Doesn't have to be Tron but something along that type of vibe. I just think that type of show with their 2015 type production would just be insane and something Bluecoats could pull off so well.

They wouldn't be the first show to use frisbees.

Light cycles? THAT would be something to see.

On 7/23/2023 at 8:14 PM, Chief Guns said:

Here is another tear the house down show...........

BD doing a full show on nothing but Gordon Goodwin music. 

Game Over. 

Even better, ORIGINAL Gordon Goodwin music, since they played an original chart from Goodwin in '14, '15, AND '16.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

Even better, ORIGINAL Gordon Goodwin music, since they played an original chart from Goodwin in '14, '15, AND '16.

I didn't know this until a couple years ago, but Goodwin's son was with BD those seasons. How cool was that for the son to jam out to his dad's music while with the Devils. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2023 at 11:38 PM, Brass Lover said:

Eh that show had visual issues and a limited concept from the beginning, the uniform change just exacerbated it. 

Right. There's this silly implication that the Cadets reversed their competitive destiny because they weren't wearing maroon and gold. Where have we heard that before? Cadets uniform can't change. Remember that? Cadets tradition demands they wear the same uniform forever. Sound familiar? 

The 2015 corps had excellent brass and drums. Guard lagged. So did other aspects of the visual program. Did the black uniforms maybe limit their potential? Maybe. But no more than the guard or the program did. 

Then there is the judges. This consensus that the judges interpreted this one nuance perfectly has to be a first in the history of drum corps fans. 

On 7/23/2023 at 11:22 AM, Chief Guns said:

My wife and I appreciate your son so much! We attended family day last month, and aside from the amazing show, the thing we talked about the most is the Mandarins staff, and how the kids just love and respect them. 

Watching the staff interact with the kids, it resembled going to a Blue Devils rehearsal, and that is a good thing. 

Shout out to your son and rest of the amazing Mandarins staff. 

Thanks so much ChiefGuns! That means a lot! I will pass along your kind words to my son! 
Go Mandarins!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I didn't know this until a couple years ago, but Goodwin's son was with BD those seasons. How cool was that for the son to jam out to his dad's music while with the Devils. 

Yeah, his son, Grant, was in the front ensemble. He posted video of him conducting the horn line on Space Music for his birthday, and his reaction at the end was incredible.

• Like 1