Battle At The Alamo(dome) - July 22,2023

Just now, kevingamin said:

Strangely enough, I associate American Beauty with 2014 Blue Knights, That One Second, since they used Kevin Spacey's closing monologue for their narration

That show will never not be an emotional gut punch.  And still my standard bearer for best usage of narration.  

2 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

Strangely enough, I associate American Beauty with 2014 Blue Knights, That One Second, since they used Kevin Spacey's closing monologue for their narration

😳

Edited by Zeke

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

Percussion has been scoring really well.   Easy to see why.  Great writing and performance.  

I love looking up a caption head to have never heard of them before.  Tommy Sam is doing one fine job.  Also helps when you have Shane Gwaltney, Tom Aungst, and Tom Rarick as arrangers and coordinators.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

😳

At least he didn't WRITE it, and I can't remember his character's name right now.

This right here is a good example of using a mic for a small ensemble yet not really amping up the volume but just providing enough presence so the players don't have to over blow and can provide the right nuance. That was well done. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

I love looking up a caption head to have never heard of them before.  Tommy Sam is doing one fine job.  Also helps when you have Shane Gwaltney, Tom Aungst, and Tom Rarick as arrangers and coordinators.

And Joe Hobbs.  Amazing guy and educator.  Lots of awesome guys on that staff 🙂

• Like 1

Ballad for Music City is really wonderful. Wonderful brass writing. 

• Like 1