100.0. Could it happen?

a maxed out score of 100? never say never. this year....not so sure

Edited by Jeff Ream

24 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

Agree, on all 3 of these.

They will win, but there's a real possibility they may do so without taking  home the Zingali, Sanford or Ott. Any caption they don't win they will be top 2 or 3. Consistancy across all captions is their superpower.

I'll be honest, if BD doesn't take the Zingali this year, I will be surprised. But I agree BD going home without the Ott or Sanford is a real possibility. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Looking at BDs two 99+ shows...........

Felliniesque scored 96.825 on August 1st, 2014.

1930 scored 96.300 on August 2nd, 2009.

So they gotta pick up the pace if it's going to happen. 

True, but if we’re throwing out dates I’ll add that 2014 finals ended on August 9, and 2009 even earlier on August 7. This year prelims start on August 10.   Their 3 day rehearsal before prelims runs August 7-9.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Metalbinky said:

True, but if we’re throwing out dates I’ll add that 2014 finals ended on August 9, and 2009 even earlier on August 7. This year prelims start on August 10.   Their 3 day rehearsal before prelims runs August 7-9.

Ah good point! Didn't even think about that!

1 hour ago, TOC said:

Based on where the Cavies might go on Finals Saturday, wouldn't the judge, unless they were perfect, only give them a 19.8?  Based on what happened on Friday, another corps could be better.

No because judges are able to go back after the last corps performs to fix and finalize their numbers for all corps. So performance order technically shouldn't be much of an issue anymore.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

Ah good point! Didn't even think about that!

I didn’t either until I was comparing how they were doing score wise compared to those years…I’ve been spending wayyy too much time score gawking.  lol

I think they can score in the 99s, even getting beat in captions.   But a white ring is not looking good if they’re consistently getting beat in percussion.  For those that haven’t heard of a white ring before, I’ve heard that if a corps takes every caption on finals, the members get white rings…don’t know if that’s a myth or not.   Any Cadets here that can clear this up?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

In my eyes if you get a 100 then there was nothing wrong. Sorry, but there will be mistakes... so no, it doesn't mean it should be 100. I'll just leave it at that.

Not how the scoring system works. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Not how the scoring system works. 

I understand. However, I think that should be addressed. Here is a great example. 

A student is given a test and they make zero mistakes on the test... so they get a 100.

If I see clear mistakes like spacing issues and other things musical and I see in the judging that they got a perfect score... no, it doesn't deserve a perfect score.

Just my blue collar sense talking I suppose.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I understand. However, I think that should be addressed. Here is a great example. 

A student is given a test and they make zero mistakes on the test... so they get a 100.

If I see clear mistakes like spacing issues and other things musical and I see in the judging that they got a perfect score... no, it doesn't deserve a perfect score.

Just my blue collar sense talking I suppose.

There isn't exactly anything that can be done to address it, though I'd love to hear suggestions. BD 2014 and Cavies 2002, and Cadets 2005 were probably not anywhere close to "perfection" that their scores suggest, but the numbers management just lead to those scores. There really isn't a system that allows corps to be ranked in a precise way (the current system allows us to have both ordinals and actual scoring margins) without some wonky numbers occurring as a result. Unless you're suggesting judges should artificially depress scores of the lower placing corps to make them make the higher scoring corps have scores that make more "blue collar sense" 

• Like 2