Front and Centerville, OH - Soaring with the Corps - 8/2/2023 - on FLO

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Cavies and BK always throw a party.  Jersey Surf, when they get one, tend to have a lot of fun too

Yeah BKs encore was nice. 

Bluecoats playing the boxer at their home show is amazing.

I'd love to see a surf encore such a fun corps

6 hours ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

I’ve got a feeling Colts are gonna have an amazing run tonight!!!! My prediction: they break their record for highest score in corp history tonight with an 88.015.

I agree I think tonight is the night for a new Corps record.  Go Colts.....

• Like 2

Hmmmm.  Colts show seems to have more substance than Cavies this year. I’m surprised there is that large of a gap between the two.  

Cavies drumline undoubtedly superb, but I would suggest in all other captions the Colts top them.  

Just my two cents worth—which ain’t much in this economy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Cavies join the 90 club! Game on!

And just like that, the Cavaliers are officially in the 5 to 8 mix now.  

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Yeah PC strikes me as what Mandarins did in 2017. The talent is there to do a show that could crack into finals but they didn't quite design the complexity to best the corps they needed to.  Almost as if, "oh dang they're able to do more than we thought."  

That said, with everything so close in the races this year, PC could still slip by.  Now would be the time to add and clean what they can to boost the complexity.

At Stanford 2017, I spoke with a 2016 Mandarins age-out and then ran into him later in the season. He was excited for their challenge for Finals but said the real goal that season was to make the Big Loud and Live cinemacast, which was a big recruiting tool. PC should accomplish at least that this year.

15 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Hmmmm.  Colts show seems to have more substance than Cavies this year. I’m surprised there is that large of a gap between the two.  

Cavies drumline undoubtedly superb, but I would suggest in all other captions the Colts top them.  

Just my two cents worth—which ain’t much in this economy. 

There’s a whole panel of judges that disagree with you. actually, the last two panels.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

There’s a whole panel of judges that disagree with you. actually, the last two panels.

I like the Colts music better, Brass too, Cavies Drum and Pit are really good.  Not sure on visuals.  I think Cavies folks love it because they know the music, others it does not come across as much.  But I would give Cavies an overall edge, but not the gap that sits now. Just one Colts Dad biased opinion...