Crum-ble on the hill in Allentown - August 4, 2023

2 hours ago, Big Bird said:

I said last week that the gap BD had in Atlanta was not impossible to overcome and I was laughed at. The gap has closed immensely when all I heard was that it would grow wider. Now they’re moving goalposts.

I love Blue Devils show. I think it’s one of their best. I don’t think they will win by a large gap and I do think they are beatable. 

If you have a finite point then the gap has to close. If BD could go over 100 then there are possibilities that the gap would never close but there are only a few amount of points to gain when you hit 95 almost two weeks out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Yes, those are the rules. However, it would be wrong to assume, if...Snip!

There's nothing to assume my friend, the rules are the rules.  Top score wins.  No excuses. 

You never have to apologize for winning.  😎

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Call it what you want, but corps improve after days of shows just as they improve after days without shows.  

I used to track and graph every score throughout the season.  On average, they went up around half a point per day regardless of whether those days were filled with shows or not.  

I agree, they should go up but they don’t always go up.  Boston just had a 3 day camp this week before their show in Lawrence.  So after day 3 was complete, they drive thru the night to have a day of short block sectionals the day of the show, which is the norm for corps rehearsals on show days. Show day rehearsals are different rehearsal days, because your days schedule is coordinated with where your housing is relative to a show site and your performance time.  What I’m saying is I wouldn’t consider that day a true rehearsal day like a day where you didn’t have a show.  And it’s different if you’re performing early or late.  It can change your show day rehearsal schedule by hours.

36 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

There's nothing to assume my friend, the rules are the rules.  Top score wins.  No excuses. 

You never have to apologize for winning.  😎

This is true.

Edited by Vuitton

15 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

It’s the end of the season for sure everyone is going feral 💀 

Didn't read a lot of stuff the last week and made last night a much more enjoyable viewing experience. Some things I agree with some things that make me go hmm but not gonna lose sleep over any of it.  Should be fun tonight seeing where everyone fits in!

Yeah I think I'm gonna probably log off during shows because last night things started rubbing me the wrong way. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Anomalies like that really stuck out on the charts back when I used to graph them.

I remember your spreadsheets!  I almost had to quit reading them because you were about 99% accurate on the score +/- two tenths of a point, show after show! 

There was nothing to look forward to, you were eerily correct, always predicting the outcomes before they happened!  🤣

3 hours ago, lawdn said:

If anyone tonight tops BD’s score from last night, after the season is over no one anywhere will remember that except on DCP. It is wonderful that there is a group of people so passionate about drum corps as to debate whether Allentown is one or two shows. I am here for it.

It probably won’t matter as I don’t think this will happen but, this is what I heard:

If a corps wins all captions at finals, they are given a Black Championship ring to designate the accomplishment. If a corps goes undefeated through the season and also wins every caption at finals they are given a white championship ring.

So, tonight’s score is in play. Though the likelihood of winning all captions is very low.  But if by some miracle BD runs the table (of head to heads), and wins all captions but loses this competition on a technicality, then this would be discussed in more places than DCP.  All hypothetical at this point. Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Metalbinky said:

It probably won’t matter as I don’t think this will happen but, this is what I heard:

If a corps wins all captions at finals, they are given a Black Championship ring to designate the accomplishment. If a corps goes undefeated through the season and also wins every caption at finals they are given a white championship ring.

So, tonight’s score is in play. Though the likelihood of winning all captions is very low.  But if by some miracle BD runs the table (of head to heads), and wins all captions but loses this competition on a technicality, then this would be discussed in more places than DCP.  All hypothetical at this point. Haha

I’ve heard this too and that’s a great point. I’m not sure why DCI just can’t give two corps the DCI East championship. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Yeah I think I'm gonna probably log off during shows because last night things started rubbing me the wrong way. 

Kind of a rough season that way. Maybe not any different than any other season, but it is hitting me harder this year. If people need to log out to enjoy what little remains of this season, by all means do it, but just know you and others will be missed.