Still Crum-bling on the hill in Allentown - August 5, 2023

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

Wait a second … somebody bet me a six pack that BD was going to two point Boston, Crown and Bloo.  I need to look that up.

It’s too late, they’re going to move the goal posts and claim that they never said 2 points, only that they’d win in the end. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, oldbandguy said:

Remember...Indy seeding is not based on just Allentown.  I think Crown needed a 95.475 to pass Bloo.  BUT I COULD BE WRONG...I didn't even minor in math.

Yeah it's Allentown, Winston-Salem, Atlanta and San Antonio averaged together. Boston, Crown and Bluecoats were all very close though. It won't make a big difference anyways what order those top 4 go in though in Indy.

2 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

And the other corps had rehearsal on Thursday where some corps were in a show Thursday.  So no “extra” rehearsals.  That thinking would say Bloo had less because they had a show Thursday and Friday.

Only BAC, Bloo, Mandarins, and Phantom performed at Lawrence anyways. 

I see this season ending one of three ways

1) We get a late-season upset and some 1988/1995/2008 level insanity 

2) Blue Devils have three straight Atlanta-level shows in a row and blow everyone out the water

3) Troopers climb to win it all! (This is my bet)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

This is a bit off topic (forgive me), but, for reasons I can't quite remember, I missed watching anything from the 2018 season in real time. Managed to track down videos from most of the finalists, though, and was watching them this afternoon before the show started. 2018 was a freaking amazing season and I really regret that I missed it. So many corps doing really unique shows that parted from their usual style. Babylon, of course, was incredible. But so many of the other finalist shows were also amazing. I particularly loved BK's arrangement of Rite of Spring. Haven't been able to find a good video of that one though, just a rehearsal video.

I'm tempted to buy the Blu-ray, but am worried that a lot of it will be silent. Has anyone bought it and able to comment on quality?

Its a shame that, after all these years, DCI still hasn't found a way to get the archive back up. Seems like they've given up on ever making it available again. And with the death of the Blu-ray's, it seems like a lot of those amazing past shows are just going to be lost to history. There's got to be a better solution.

PM me as a reminder. I can help you out with a good high cam of BK from 2018 finals but I'll need to dig through some hard drives. 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Do corps not improve their shows on performance days? If they perform 5 days in a row, is it not typical for them to improve their score every night? 

In an ideal world yes, but this isn't an ideal world. Off nights happen all the time. I've personally had rough runs that were worse than the performance a week or more before that so just one night is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Just now, jasgre2000 said:

Do corps not improve their shows on performance days? If they perform 5 days in a row, is it not typical for them to improve their score every night? 

Yes but show day rehearsals are very different than non show days because the daily schedules are quite different, factoring travel to a new site and travel from their housing to the show.  Over the week leading to Atown corps had similar rehearsal time. No one had an advantage other than Boston having taken 3 days for a camp.  Bloo, by this extra day logic, actually had less time than other corps.

• Like 1