DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

1 minute ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Shows nowadays, not speaking aesthetically, but you know it where you hear it, could use more of that sparkle
Phantom is known for being a “romantic” corps in their aura, the music they play etc. 
rose-colored glasses galore, I think it suits them!
Also great job Phantom! Loved it in the theater, and at Denton earlier in the year, achieving more and more each performance!

Phantom's is the only show that remotely calls for it. But it's a trend I simply can't enjoy overall. Too beauty pageant Dolly Dinkle in the vibes in general.

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

I did not know sequin tech was a thing.  

I await the commercial next season from a company solely dedicated to sequins. I mean,  I learned this year there’s one entirely focused on plumes and feathers. . 

Their volume management from audio clips to soloists to corps is very well balanced. The way one leads into the next so well. 

Oooooooh the take me to church hit. So hot. 

• Like 2

The move that would put mandarins over the top is that they would put a sinner in the end zone and have him throw a baritone that was all crushed up onto the field.  👺