DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

Just now, MarkHornGA said:

DCI won't load. What was the top three in percussion?

Cavs - 19.7

Boston - 19.55

BD - 19.50

Cadets - 19.35

Crown - 19.25

Bluecoats - 19.15

In 1-9 I can understand how the judges ended up there overall but it hurts BAC didn't get a bit more love - just such a tough year. Congrats to BD Crown and Bloo for getting into medal position but this is not over for 2-4. It might be for 1. 

And congrats BK on being in position for Finals - but watch out for Xmen. 

• Like 1

After seeing the recaps, I think Cadets are fairly safe at 5. Don’t see Mandarins catching them, they are behind in virtually every musical subcaption.

• Like 5

On the way home from Big Loud and Live and I am beyond STUNNED. Incredible year.

Troopers were amazing. Expected nothing but fell in love immediately. Never seen/heard anything like it

Crown & Boston were super exciting, loved the stark contrast from last years shows

I definitely did not have misty eyes at the Bluecoats

In NO WAY did I have a tiny tear in my eye hearing Tilt again with theater audio system

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

After seeing the recaps, I think Cadets are fairly safe at 5. Don’t see Mandarins catching them, they are behind in virtually every musical subcaption.

I'm not usually a "judging is rigged!" person but the judges are out of their minds

• Like 1

Cadets punching up in drums...they deserve it after a great performance tonight. Cavies throwing haymakers. 19.7 yessir. 

Music Analysis scores are a little wild...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MarkHornGA said:

I had them falling to 11 in my predictions...if Troopers clean up some of the mistakes tomorrow I think Blue Stars keep falling. If you look at their last three shows before tonight they literally flatlined.

My take on the recap is that Troop has a bit more fruit hanging on the visual branches than do the Colts, who are overperforming their visual book across the board. Agreed that if Troopers can put together their best visual run of the year they can move into 10th, outside shot at 9th.

Brass appears have left a little on the table tonight, too. If it was just nerves, then Friday could be a strong night. There's something about Troopers and semis....

• Like 1