Wow, no one wants to discuss VANGUARD?

Focus on the kids performing this week not a corps who hurt so many. SCV can wait until after finals.

Edited by jonwoody
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, 90svet said:

Sure, let's pretend nobody squandered funds during the pandemic.  Isn't it concerning that SCV was around for years, and was among the most respected and stable organizations, and then suddenly experienced a downfall during a period when some corps continued to pay admin staff during shutdowns, while concurrently soliciting donations.

Geez chill. All i'm saying is support the kids marching this week. The SCV mess will be waiting for you on Sunday. Nobody said let's pretend. We see your anger. Try to hold it till after finals.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

Focus on the kids performing this week not a corps who hurt so many. SCV can wait until after finals.

Some of us are interested in the latest with SCV. And they put out new info on their website few days ago.

And I don’t see how discussing SCV is taking away from the competing corps.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3

I come not to bury Vanguard, but to praise it!  So, perhaps we should talk about Vanguard.  What are you favorite Vanguard shows?

Personally I loved 1997-1999.  They literally took everything I was listening to and made it so amazing.  1999 I saw them very early in Oregon and I knew when I saw it that the show was extra special and definitely championship material.  And you?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

What are you favorite Vanguard shows?

Personally I loved 1997-1999.  They literally took everything I was listening to and made it so amazing.  1999 I saw them very early in Oregon and I knew when I saw it that the show was extra special and definitely championship material.  And you?

Easy.  84, 87, 90, 94.

My hs groups did shows musically modeled after these. First marching band show was RCM. I owe everything I know to the alum of these years.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

I come not to bury Vanguard, but to praise it!  So, perhaps we should talk about Vanguard.  What are you favorite Vanguard shows?

In order...

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Encouraging silence about this during the most active week for this activity is counterproductive.

I encourage those uninterested or who feel it's a distraction to simply avert their eyes. Or just wait for those who can't act civilly to force the thread closure.

Alright so it should be closed because its never civil in any of the threads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Alright so it should be closed because its never civil in any of the threads.

Who hasn't acted civil in this thread? I mean, it's bound to happen, but why close it when it's been civil so far? Personally I think at least one of the SCV threads should be left open and those who don't know how to act in public should be put in the corner for a timeout. 

• Like 2