DCI and Indy sign extension thru 2033

21 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Indy has been more accommodating than any other city from my understanding, especially with it being the home of BOA the community was already used to this kind of event, so why change cities to one that would be less accommodating? 

I've been saying for years I don't understand why corps don't utilize the campgrounds. The kids already sleep on gym floors, what's the difference in camping other than you might get rained on stepping outside? There are options other than putting the kids up in a hotel, it just happens to be the easiest solution logistically.

So the trend of MMs staying in hotels is a result of school housing shortage, and not to increase comfort during finals week?

Just now, Grandpa Joe said:

Indy has been more accommodating than any other city from my understanding, especially with it being the home of BOA the community was already used to this kind of event, so why change cities to one that would be less accommodating? 

I've been saying for years I don't understand why corps don't utilize the campgrounds. The kids already sleep on gym floors, what's the difference in camping other than you might get rained on stepping outside? There are options other than putting the kids up in a hotel, it just happens to be the easiest solution logistically.

Stepping outside ? Outside of where ?  Maybe you call camping towing a 35' trailer  Maybe you could help by getting some platoon sized tents from government surplus and some unused M*A*S*H showers. Am sure the kids won't mind the Ticks and an occasional rattlesnake bite

1 hour ago, 90svet said:

So where do you propose?  Kansas?  Missouri?  ..... The 2 states in approximately the exact center of the US?

Then rearrange the tour shows to route the corps to end up in those states by finals?

Indy seems to be as about as good of a spot geographically as any.

We dont have a capable stadium in St Louis, the dome sucks balls

12 minutes ago, 90svet said:

So the trend of MMs staying in hotels is a result of school housing shortage, and not to increase comfort during finals week?

technically yes, School is back in session in the Indy metro when championships rills around. 

• Thanks 1

There are still lots of rooms available in the Indy area for Saturday night.  Sure, the downtown hotels re $400 and up, but there are rooms less than 10 miles from LucasOil for $225 or so.

So, it appears that Indy CAN, in fact, handle multiple events at once.  Of course: this is separate from the MM housing issue.

41 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

I don't understand why corps don't utilize the campgrounds. The kids already sleep on gym floors, what's the difference in camping other than you might get rained on stepping outside?

This is probably the worst idea I've ever heard when it comes to corps members' safety. The reasons never to do this are obvious and numerous. Hotels, while not the best solution over the traditional corps housing sites (again, for obvious reasons) are infinitely safer than pitching tents in an open-air campground, exposed to the elements. Nothing personal, but WTF?

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, bluehull said:

Stepping outside ? Outside of where ?  Maybe you call camping towing a 35' trailer  Maybe you could help by getting some platoon sized tents from government surplus and some unused M*A*S*H showers. Am sure the kids won't mind the Ticks and an occasional rattlesnake bite

At first this seemed to be just another flame type reply. But when I read the whole thing I realized - this is actually pretty funny. 

28 minutes ago, GBugler said:

This is probably the worst idea I've ever heard when it comes to corps members' safety. The reasons never to do this are obvious and numerous. Hotels, while not the best solution over the traditional corps housing sites (again, for obvious reasons) are infinitely safer than pitching tents in an open-air campground, exposed to the elements. Nothing personal, but WTF?

I agree 100% agree. Gym floors don't give much, but they do give a roof over your head and usually AC (which is necessary after running around in the august heat for 12 hours). Definitely not a take that's been thought through.