DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS SEMIFINALS

Just now, lawdn said:

Bloo's run really elevated starting with the ballad. Maybe it has always been that way. To me, that is also the point at which the narration becomes an accompaniment to the corps rather than the other way around. MMs performing so well and so joyfully. This show will stay in my head a long time. 

The ballad is my favorite part of the show, and then going into BUMP!, the energy just goes on from there. This is true artistry on a football field. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

In an NFL stadium why would a generator be needed? This isn't a local small high school show where they can't provide power outlets at field level.

I have no idea.

Bluecoats ballad and Bump are my favorite 2 minutes of drum corps!!! Just so fun and impressive 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ContraFart said:

There is a depth to the poem the show is based on. Its almost like a longing for times past. Not bad for a 500 year old poem. 

It’s an evocative poem, and you feel the author’s yearning and anger for what used to be. The Garden of Love exists only in memory, and sometimes the sentiment of “smile because it happened” just isn’t enough.

• Like 2

Musically I very much enjoy Bluecoats show, but visually I’m not with them. Their giant props have jumped the shark for me. But it’s cool. I just close my eyes and listen

• Like 3