DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS SEMIFINALS

15 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I give up.

That is the best thing you can do. Seriously. That's what I did after being disappointed in 2017 that Vanguard didn't win and thinking the same things you just said. It was the best thing I have ever done. I have enjoyed 2019, 2022 and 2023 far more than any season, because I just accept the judges results for what they are. I don't get upset anymore and it's really freeing. 

Scott Stewart always used to tell us, "you can't control what the judges are going to do, you can only control what you do." I think that's an extremely valueable lesson.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CAtenhut said:

@Vuitton I forgot to ask you if you understand GE better now. 😉

No. Never will I understand GE. Never ever ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If you would've told me that any corps could come in fourth in percussion and brass and win by more than a point in any show I would've said you were crazy. 

Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, mrk said:

The comedy stylings of Dan Potter. 😶

Blue Devils show theme for next year.

• Haha 4

Just now, Vuitton said:

That is the best thing you can do. Seriously. That's what I did after being disappointed in 2017 that Vanguard didn't win and thinking the same things you just said. It was the best thing I have ever done. I have enjoyed 2019, 2022 and 2023 far more than any season, because I just accept the judges results for what they are. I don't get upset anymore and it's really freeing. 

Scott Stewart always used to tell us, "you can't control what the judges are going to do, you can only control what you do." I think that's an extremely valueable lesson.

Scott Stewart also rejected critiques and sent non English speakers to mock the process.

I have been following and/or participating in this activity for 30 years. I have learned from DCI hall of famers and apparently I know nothing. 

Just now, mboogey73 said:

If you would've told me that any corps would come in fourth in percussion and brass and win by more than a point in any show I would've said you were crazy. 

When you rack up enough GE and visual points, that’s how that works 

• Like 1