DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS SEMIFINALS

1 minute ago, mboogey73 said:

If you would've told me that any corps could come in fourth in percussion and brass and win by more than a point in any show I would've said you were crazy. 

seems messed up to me. 

I need another drink

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

D. Padilla having Phantom’s Color Guard score Cont 9 and Achv 9.4?? Get the F outta here - that’s pure insanity.

It’s judging like this that pisses me off. Outperform your book by a tenth? Absolutely. By four tenths? Get the F outta here. IF it were finals, that would be called INTENTIONALLY tipping the scale.

Honestly tho.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheOneWhoKnows said:

When you rack up enough GE and visual points, that’s how that works 

Granted, but even GE dominance doesn't usually equal that kind of spread with those sort of music captions scores. 

• Like 1

Just now, ContraFart said:

I need another drink

2 bottles of Cabernet down - I may have beat you to the “bar” a few times tonight. Go Cadets!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cadet Guardy said:

D. Padilla having Phantom’s Color Guard score Cont 9 and Achv 9.4?? Get the F outta here - that’s pure insanity.

It’s judging like this that pisses me off. Outperform your book by a tenth? Absolutely. By four tenths? Get the F outta here. IF it were finals, that would be called INTENTIONALLY tipping the scale.

Honestly tho.. 

I do have to agree with it though. Phantoms guard is killing it but their book is easy. They’re capable of so much more 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ContraFart said:

Scott Stewart also rejected critiques and sent non English speakers to mock the process.

I have been following and/or participating in this activity for 30 years. I have learned from DCI hall of famers and apparently I know nothing. 

Yes, he did, but he also led a championship corps in 1988.

You know nothing? Perhaps. Join the club. 

Years I was furious, like you SEEM to be now - 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017. What do those years have in common? BD won and at the time I was enraged that Crown (2009, 2012 and 2015) and Vanguard (2017) didn't win. Makes for a really awful finals weekend. That's when I gave up. 

No one in the world could judge all captions in this activity, not even actual judges. Sure we can disagree with them, but at the end of the day, there's a reason why we aren't in that stadium judging.

I just have to believe that judges are doing the best they can and judging in a fair way. I can't believe one judge wouldn't do their best and potentially take away a title from 150 young people.

Get a good night sleep friend. We need you here. Even though you know nothing, the rest of us know-nothings value your input.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Anyone who wasn't at the movie theater last night missed Becca Anderson explaining the show. She made it very clear that the white vs red is not good vs evil--the white represents who society wants us to be and the red represents our authentic selves.

That's why a crucifix in white was used? I see quite a bit of the glorification of the secular, bohemian anti-religious messaging in more than one show this year. Religion and tradition being portrayed as stifling is a message I would not want drummed into our youth 24/7 all summer long. If it feels good do it? Whips and chains included?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2