Dci fans should be ashamed of themselves

6 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Members are outstanding and their achievement incredible. There is no doubting this. I don’t mean this to take away from them.
The Show design is starting to get a little stale. The intro narration for example every show!!! This show feels like a regurgitated Club Voltaire. They’re even using the same music/musical passages every few years. Let’s have jackets on then take jackets off. Let’s have loud drum kit features. 
let’s have members stand in an arrow formation and dance. Let’s have a random dance break. The show tonight was incredible but the design that used to be original is now overplayed. Kind of like when u have a favorite song but hear it on the radio a million times then it becomes your not so favorite song.

I think most shows follow the same pattern,  BD just has a recognizable identity with theirs. I don’t think this changes unless the regime changes, but BD seems very protective of their identity.   If anything, I would expect more show tie ins to the BD roots, where jazz and marching took center stage — very much like this year, don’t you think?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

33 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

As to the OP, I wouldn’t let how others react to a show or what they think of it affect your enjoyment of it.  

Literally my mantra when it comes to this fanbase

(do, do, do, do better, you can do, do better)

49 minutes ago, Metalbinky said:

Maybe they were in a total trance of amazement.  Seriously though, I didn’t have that sense around me.   It was as loud or louder than any other corps at the end of the show with I think most standing

Prelims was my 12th live show this year. Every show on the west coast, including Utah, had a full house standing ovation for BD. Every show. Perhaps they need to move the venue out west where the sun is shining and people are more gracious.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tim K said:

It must really depend on where you sit. Somebody already mentioned 139. I’m in 140. The people in the block where I sit are knowledgeable and seasoned fans. Everyone was standing after BD. Same with 141. I walked back to the hotel with some BD and Mandarins parents. I believe they are in the 200 section. They didn’t mention a poor response to BD. Most of the time standing ovations are based on popularity. It’s a toss up as to whether Crown or Bluecoats is the most popular corps. Boston Crusaders is growing in leaps and bounds as far as popularity is concerned. With Crown it’s been the case since 2007 and “Triple Crown.” Bloo became more popular as they became more cutting edge around 2014 with “Tilt.” Prior to that they were often considered the most underrated corps. BAC  is becoming an audience favorite, but it’s been an uphill battle at times. I may be biased because I am a longtime BAC fan, Crown almost always produces a show I love, and I enjoyed Bloo when they were staid and predictable as well as when they became more cutting edge. BD may win too often for underdog status. They may not be as audience friendly as other corps. These can impact popularity, but they are respected and I feel get an excellent response.

There were a couple of Boston fans who took over our ADA seats at San Antonio and wouldn't give them up even after we showed them our digital tickets. We wore one BD shirt and one Bloo shirt. We ended up watching 2-3 shows standing (my partner had crutches) behind them yet they still won't budge. Would I let this experienced define our enjoyment? No. We even gave a standing ovation to Boston despite that experience. We are too gracious to let others ruin our experience. We are adults.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MikeBD said:

and yes I am in the stadium 

what stadium?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

BD is doing the same basic show every year. It’s an ever more polished version of the same concept over and over again. It’s technically amazing in every possible way, and that’s why they will again win the gold. But do people feel anything? Eh. 

Yeah totally see how they tied the sapphire into the show about paper cut outs. Can't forget the ghost light sticky note because that was the same.  

Oh and yeah BD ballads hit me in the feels every year. If you want to say they all sound the same then the crown triplet Mello licks and Bluecoats repeating parts of the last 10 years are gonna be a shock for you. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MikeBD said:

BD is putting an amazing product on the field and dang near every corp has gotten a standing ovation except for the blue devils. I’m between the 30s i would say maybe 10 percent stood   

it really was disgusting and people need to grow the eff up.  I root for all corps cause the kids deserve it.  

and yes I am in the stadium 

During the live shows I attended, in some parts, I will admit that I think a standing ovation wouldn’t be the appropriate response to BD’s, say, ballad, for example. What I did hear was an audible exhale from the crowd after the release in the last big chord. I think that was the appropriate reaction to that ballad. 

However, if there are “adults” out there who let their vindictiveness get in the way of cheering on the accomplishment of these young adults, then I’m just embarrassed for them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Yeah totally see how they tied the sapphire into the show about paper cut outs. Can't forget the ghost light sticky note because that was the same.  

Oh and yeah BD ballads hit me in the feels every year. If you want to say they all sound the same then the crown triplet Mello licks and Bluecoats repeating parts of the last 10 years are gonna be a shock for you. 

Yep: same. The BD ballads are literally all the same. Even the staging is the same.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1