Dci fans should be ashamed of themselves

6 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

I understand where you're coming from..The only difference is, as has been stated, BD's formula for success has been around for years now whereas STAR left me saying " What the hell did I just see?...But by finals, it was clear that they were on a whole different level and I loved it

True enough. The Blue Devils rarely have years where people " loved their show by Finals" however. Its for a myriad of reasons I suppose.  Star's show of 1993 was not loved by many in 1993. Heck, it did not even win on Finals 1993. It took years beyond that 1993 season for many to come around to " love it ", and appreciate that for 1993, that show was " on a whole different level " then.

• Like 1

it's like the Yankees or Patriots were when they won a lot....win too much hatred seeps out. it's what fans do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Anyone that actually escalates to hatred is ridiculous. There are those that don't fall into that category that shouldn't be lumped with haters though.

when i refer to the haters, i refer to those complaining loudest online time and time and again, getting the tinfoil hats on and creating conspiracies as to why yada.

dislike isn't hate. there's one corps this year i just don't like their show no matter how hard i tried to find something i like in it. it's become my bathroom break in person and online.

but i'm not bashing them online for it. i just don't watch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

We all know that if you cheer for the Cowboys or Yankees or ManU, you probably do so because you like cheering for the most popular brand.

You also know that a lot of people won’t like you, and won’t be attending the Super Bowl, MLB or Cup parade. Comes with the territory.

In DCI these are kids and no matter how much your loyalties get you riled up, you should never openly diss a kid. I remember days when people booed BD. That was the era when a certain corps played Pop Goes the Weasel when a fellow corps won a medal to mock their book. Thankfully we aren’t there anymore.

IMHO adults should show respect for all the performers regardless of their corps or final ranking. Demanding a standing ovation seems kind of…silly. 

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Thanks 1

It is a free country. When kids join the Blue devils they know what they're getting into. People who paid good money to support DCI should not feel ashamed of anything. Some people don't give the 6-year-olds at the church Christmas. Play a standing! Ovation. Doesn't mean they hate the kids you know the Blue devils are going to win most years so really you should only give them a standing ovation if that show is particularly better than previous shows. And really are we applauding the kids or are we applauding the show designers that design the show?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

when i refer to the haters, i refer to those complaining loudest online time and time and again, getting the tinfoil hats on and creating conspiracies as to why yada.

dislike isn't hate. there's one corps this year i just don't like their show no matter how hard i tried to find something i like in it. it's become my bathroom break in person and online.

but i'm not bashing them online for it. i just don't watch

Gotcha. My point is that it's not one sided. When respectful critique is lumped in with hatred, yuck. Especially when it's clearly NOT aimed at the members.

But again, subtleties are often lost on this forum. Big turnoff for me.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
added not, cause otherwise I'm not making sense lol
  • Like 1

Fact is there are kids in every other top 12 corps who are currently planning their BD auditions and coupled with a top caliber program that produces $$$ year end and year out.... that's why they win.

To go right along with that, if someone doesn't like their show there's no obligation to cheer whatsoever.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

We all know that if you cheer for the Cowboys or Yankees or ManU, you probably do so because you like cheering for the most popular brand.

You also know that a lot of people won’t like you, and won’t be attending the Super Bowl, MLB or Cup parade. Comes with the territory.

In DCI these are kids and no matter how much your loyalties get you riled up, you should never openly diss a kid. I remember days when people booed BD. That was the era when a certain corps played Pop Goes the Weasel when a fellow corps won a medal to mock their book. Thankfully we aren’t there anymore.

IMHO adults should show respect for all the performers regardless of their corps or final ranking. Demanding a standing ovation seems kind of…silly. 

I stand and applaud and cheer for every corps. That is how I show my appreciation for the MMs’ effort, dedication, and performance, even if I didn’t enjoy the show design. 2023 is fortunately a year with so many shows I really love.

While I choose to do that and would love if everyone did it, I respect others’ right not to do it. Drum corps is a tiny community in a huge world barely aware of us, and the activity faces so many challenges going forward. Celebrating together is a small thing we can do to support each other and the community. Thanks to all who are here on DCP for your passion in caring about and supporting drum corps.

• Like 2

I don't stand because I'm in a theater. Kept the headbanging to a minimum this year but that one Sinnerman riff and "a chapel, a chapel, a chapel" almost broke me

• Like 1