2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

Just now, kevingamin said:

Our harmonica main character is still out there, within a rotating circle formation moving acrosss the field and through a block of the rest of the horn line. 

Great build into a history stepping company front! The main character breaks out a Troopers flag and HERE’S THE OLD SCHOOL DRUM MAJOR, COMPLETE WITH SALUTE!!!

Crowd went NUTS for that moment!

Probably stunned seeing someone in that uniform move so quickly across the field.  

• Haha 3

Looks like one of the riser props broke.  again...

The Trooper didn’t ride the machine up at the end this time?

Oh look at their hype.  They loved doing that show. 

Troopers
MTS: movement technique/safety, C.: Costuming, PQ: performance quality

MTS: Some inconsistency between performers here… pointed? Extended legs? Unsure. Love the split movement parts across the FSL to get weapons. Same thing re: inconsistency rifles’ freebody. RIFLES! GREAT NON PITCHY TOSSES! TYTYTYTY!!! Beautiful cartwheel solo off the rifle-staircase! Beautiful! More inconsistency in movement shaping at end of opener. Bummer. Much more consistency here in saber ballad, ty, you practiced that hard! 😊 No! Pitchy rifles in a line very close to each other! Stronger in closer rifle work now, YES! Now flag freebodies are not confident: toss, make a strong shape that’s held and clear, then catch! I STILL LOVE THE GUARD/OG DM DUET FOR LIFE FOREVER!!!

C.: I’m unsure how guard costumes connect. Sad as corps costumes are so clear! Glad to say they all look good on all bodies!

PQ: Guard cold and still with corps at the beginning. Love that solidarity with the corps. Beautifully opening sun flags!! Something wants me to say that performance can still be bigger… y’all stay in what movement analysists call “medium reach” when something beyond large reach is called for. We’re talking UNIVERSE reach since you’re trying to lasso the sun afterall!

• Like 2

There were a few technical difficulties with that Troopers show, but seeing that old flag at the end with the classic uniform gives me goosebumps 

• Like 1