2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

1 minute ago, c.l. said:

It’s too Western Carolina University for me in a drum corps show, but it’s also kinda cool. Conflicted.

I was thinking it’s more Southeastern -North Central Missouri University style 

Omg. that one guard member out there doing her work in front of the soloists actually crying for the end of that ballad.  

• Like 3

Tubas just nailed their feature leading into the Kenton section of the show. BD last used this piece in 2010, which is one of my favorite shoes because of how out there the music is from an experimental jazz standpoint.

Great footwork by the horns during the hit of this movement. Visual is on for them tonight.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KRtrumpet182 said:

"I whip my hair back and forth" - wins GE

Except Chumley who puts them in 7th just behind "Intermission"

14 minutes ago, crumdorpslove said:

Bloos design team continues to prove they are one of the best around. Taking a 500 year old poem and utilizing it such a modem way is so cool. I wasn’t a huge fan of this show at the beginning but like always they won me over by the end of the season. 

While I don't disagree with you, it may be important to note that there are other units in the pageantry arts that have used it in the past ~5 years, including Paramount winterguard.

• Like 1

Run and gun finish for BD as they form their own cut-out on the field, then run and gun some more before forming another one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jasgre2000 said:

I was watching earlier today and Spirit of Atlanta had a section muted.

That was an electronics error in the performance.  People were talking about it in the thread. 

• Like 1