The Cavaliers 2024

8 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I think I did see the Jackson State "Sonic Boom" backing up Usher. 💥 

Yup.  And they did fantastic. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Is there anyone else watching any Cavies shows during the Superbowl halftime?

Didn’t do that. Instead, I watched the 2019 show playing on a friend’s MacBook but as seen through Apple Vision Pro. No way to describe what that was like. Partly it was awesome - I mean, in the literal sense of this word, not the casual use of it so popular today - to see this huge field in front of me with the Cavies on it. Partly, it was my first VR experience, so everything was giving me goosebumps. It wasn’t my Vision Pro, by the way.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 2:58 PM, mjoakes said:

Thanks. That made my day. I saw them in California at the start of the tour and couldn't get the ballad out of my head the whole summer.

We bought a dear friend to his first drum corps show at Stanford, and the Cavaliers moved him to tears with this beautiful, powerful show.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 6:37 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I’m rooting for a magical moment like this from the Cavaliers in 2024. 

Thank you for posting this. This was a wonderful show. One of those that had me scratching my head as their scores began to lag those above them by more and more, but it was a genuine pleasure to witness at the beginning, middle and end of the season.

• Like 2

if they can get the brass back to the level of 19 coupled with the percussion of last year......man. now....get Gaines back?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

if they can get the brass back to the level of 19 coupled with the percussion of last year......man. now....get Gaines back?

That was the best Cavalier brass line ever imo. Next best 2002.  I’ve heard a lot of their brass lines since 1968.  It doesn’t mean anything. Just what my ears were telling me. 

• Like 5

There is a great possibility that could happen. If you look at the corps history percussion has been stronger than the hornline. But any other given season Cavies 2019 could have took home 1st that category. 

I think it sparked a lot of interest for those kiddos to audition for this incredible corps. Percussion, Brass, and color guard. 

I honestly haven't heard anything in terms of direction for this season or what the talent is like... but my gut is telling me to go into it completely blind and enjoy the ride. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

There is a great possibility that could happen. If you look at the corps history percussion has been stronger than the hornline. But any other given season Cavies 2019 could have took home 1st that category. 

I think it sparked a lot of interest for those kiddos to audition for this incredible corps. Percussion, Brass, and color guard. 

I honestly haven't heard anything in terms of direction for this season or what the talent is like... but my gut is telling me to go into it completely blind and enjoy the ride. 

pretty sure we can guarantee the percussion will be stupid good after last year

• Like 3

I was listening again and focusing on the percussion and that meets every criteria of a Sanford winning line.

1. Stupidly hard writing
2. Performed stupidly clean
3. With stupidly good musicality 
4. Stupdily consisistent through the season.

I was stupified.

Anyone know if there's a 'just the percussion' recording like Phantom did in 2010?

• Like 1