The Cavaliers 2024

10 hours ago, littlejaw said:

I think it is a great hire, and I believe he was at Reagan. Some alum do know him and have praise for the hire.

He was one of the directors at Reagan when my daughter marched there and also wrote their 2019 drill when they won BOA San Antonio with a record high score. (And he’s a Regiment alum! He was on staff there for quite a few years as well.)

Super cool and talented guy and the kids all loved him. (I believe 2020 was his last year at Reagan.) He’s a great pick up for them.

Edited by year1buick
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, TheDoctoress said:

Daffinee Is a great hire! He’s done great work with the highest end of Texas band. I would expect his work for Cavaliers to be great. 

Curious if the percussion, battery mostly, will be featured so prominently throughout the show again. Got a good section, might as well feature them!

I believe that a lot of the design reins are in the hands of Mac. So I think it will be treated equally this next year.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, littlejaw said:

I believe that a lot of the design reins are in the hands of Mac. So I think it will be treated equally this next year.

Agreed.

Presenting The Cavaliers 2024 Caption Heads — The Cavaliers Arts, Performance & Education

Cheryl Lee: Brass Caption Head
Randy Greenwell: Assistant Brass Caption Head
Tom Dean: Assistant Brass Caption Head
Josh Brickey: Percussion Caption Head
Russell Wharton: Battery Coordinator
Lee Allman: Front Ensemble Co-Coordinator
Dr. Lane Summerlin: Front Ensemble Co-Coordinator
Nick Mason: Lead Audio Engineer
John Leonard: Color Guard Caption Supervisor
Stephanie Chavez: Assistant Caption Head and Choreographer
Markell Allen: Color Guard Designer and Choreographer
Brian Soules: Visual Caption Head
Austin Greene: Assistant Visual Caption Head

• Like 2

I forgot how big Reagans marching band was. I have no regrets marching at Klein Forest, but I wish I marched with groups like this one. Where everyone cared about the program. My freshman year was the worst. We were marching a show called Mahler: Then and Now and the upperclassmen thought the music was boring. I was blown away about that. So silly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, littlejaw said:

i just forked out for the bourbon raffle. so if i win i know i can sell a bottle then afford the shirt

• Like 2

Cavaliers percussion posted that auditions are only virtual this year. Could it be because there are so few spots open in ‘24? I noticed only 8 roses (age outs) in the Best percussion pic. 8 out of 34 is pretty good. Anyone with insight? Could be with their WGI connections from this year they already have some in mind for the few spots?

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Cavaliers percussion posted that auditions are only virtual this year. Could it be because there are so few spots open in ‘24? I noticed only 8 roses (age outs) in the Best percussion pic. 8 out of 34 is pretty good. Anyone with insight? Could be with their WGI connections from this year they already have some in mind for the few spots?

That's interesting. I don't have any inside information but I'd imagine this is only for the first round of auditions, and they'll still have callbacks in person. Probably a combination of high interest and relatively few spots as you said. It might honestly be easier for new members to get noticed with a solid video audition than at a camp with 50 other people, it gives the staff a real chance to focus on them specifically.

The one thing I do feel pretty confident about is that they haven't filled up the open spots with people they know by September. It'll be very competitive, but if you deserve a spot there, you'll earn a spot.

Edited by Waxman
  • Thanks 1