The Cavaliers 2024

1 hour ago, Waxman said:

Interesting. Looking to me like it's probably a show about AI? Glowing gray eyes with a metal face kinda narrows down the options.

Genesis' show was about that last year, but Cavaliers could do something very different with that concept. There's been a ton of progress made with AI since last year, so there's a lot of ways you could be creative with incorporating AI into the show - especially on the audio side of things. You can make any voice say or sing anything you want these days.

Well, whether it's AI or not, looks like they're aiming higher on the GE side of things this season.

I also noticed diamonds.... maybe they are doing something with the diamond cutter??

9 hours ago, Waxman said:

There's been a ton of progress made with AI since last year, so there's a lot of ways you could be creative with incorporating AI into the show - especially on the audio side of things. You can make any voice say or sing anything you want these days. 

Could there be issues down the road if corps have to get rights to use an AI clone of music or human voices?

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 6:38 PM, Hook'emCavies said:

That teaser gives me some 2006 vibes.

Just saw it and i thought the same. How about a modern machine-esque type of show.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Just saw it and i thought the same. How about a modern machine-esque type of show.

I keep hoping for a vintage steampunk machine-esque type of show 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 4:08 PM, Hook'emCavies said:

That would be pretty cool!

Yeap. 2006 Cavalier is one of a kind show in drum corps history! one of my all time favorite from them. They could revisit the idea for today's designs style of shows in the Cavaliers way. They don't even have to try topping 2006, or measure up to it, all they have to do, is just make it fresh and new,interesting, entertaining and captivating for  today's standard of shows. I'd give anything to see that.

On 3/17/2024 at 5:08 PM, Hook'emCavies said:

That would be pretty cool!

10 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Yeap. 2006 Cavalier is one of a kind show in drum corps history! one of my all time favorite from them. They could revisit the idea for today's designs style of shows in the Cavaliers way. They don't even have to try topping 2006, or measure up to it, all they have to do, is just make it fresh and new,interesting, entertaining and captivating for  today's standard of shows. I'd give anything to see that.

I’m just not sure of anyone that could create a visual package to go with a modern machine show other than Gaines. 

I know we’ve been lucky to have Gaines back in the activity the last few years. But dang the man needs to start training some prodigies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I’m just not sure of anyone that could create a visual package to go with a modern machine show other than Gaines. 

I know we’ve been lucky to have Gaines back in the activity the last few years. But dang the man needs to start training some prodigies. 

Absolutely. Gaines is the man. I agree wholeheartedly, he should be training some prodigies, his mark on drum corps is an exceptional and phenomenal one.

On 3/18/2024 at 7:04 PM, theonlyfizzle said:

I want to see if they can push their visual packages like they did. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Sign me up!