The Cadets 2024

On 8/12/2023 at 9:18 PM, DAYGO said:

What an incredible 2023!  My son loved his rookie experience and has already started talking about 2024.  Can't wait!!

That is freaking awesome! My boy told me Friday night he is going back to the Mandarins in 2024. 

Let's run it back next year for the both of us!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

That is freaking awesome! My boy told me Friday night he is going back to the Mandarins in 2024. 

Let's run it back next year for the both of us!

Let's Goooo!! Love to hear that,  Chief!!

• Thanks 2

Personally, I'd like to next year's show to have a little less percussion-only time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Personally, I want some uniforms that reflect Cadets' classiness. After 2023 and how well they performed that show, I'm looking forward to what Cadets bring next year. 

• Thanks 2

Just had a thought. I cite certain songs from 2017 and 2019 as my favorite Cadets moments. I thought their 2022 show was tons of fun, but couldn't really get into this year's show. If my theory is correct and this is a pattern I'll enjoy 2024, or at least there will be one song that gets stuck in my head and then becomes That Annoying Riff™️ that I play every time I have access to a drum/keyboard

At Semis while waiting for the ageout ceremony (supporter, not member, of another corps), I was able to seek out and congratulate the trumpet soloist in Immortal. I told her she played beautifully, and that I reacted emotionally to her playing and to the ballad and reprise. Cadets had one of the best two ballads in 2023, if not the best. Thank you, Cadets, for one of the best moments in 2023.

Edited by Fourth Floor Walk-up
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Fourth Floor Walk-up said:

At Semis while waiting for the ageout ceremony (supporter, not member), I was able to seek out and congratulate the trumpet soloist in Immortal. I told her she played beautifully, and that I reacted emotionally to her playing and to the ballad and reprise. Cadets had one of the best two ballads in 2023, if not the best. Thank you, Cadets, for one of the best moments in 2023.

Agree; it was beautiful & loved the Paul Lovatt-Cooper piece! Also loved Crown's Wagner. And Phantom. And Troop. And BD. And BS. And... it was a great season for ballads.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Agree; it was beautiful & loved the Paul Lovatt-Cooper piece! Also loved Crown's Wagner. And Phantom. And Troop. And BD. And BS. And... it was a great season for ballads.  

Can I throw Mandarins ballad "Take me to church" in the mix?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While I obviously did not get the top 4 predictions right, one prediction I did make back in January was that the Cadets would be in good hands with Brian Murphy as Corps Director.  I stand by this.

• Like 5