Bluecoats 2024

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I'm sure we'll find out what Bloo has to offer...On June 28 or whatever it will be.  🤣

I think the mystery is part of the fun

6 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I think the mystery is part of the fun

Oh I don't mind it either.  It's just gonna be a long wait to find out! 

Oh and how are they gonna top this year's uniforms?

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh and how are they gonna top this year's uniforms?

Greg Lagola never disappoints. 

I really do think they should do an unboxing reaction video for their unis with the MMs.   I bet there's some awesome responses on the lines of, "They're so UGLY!  I LOVE them!"  and "People are gonna lose their MINDS on DCP."  

• Like 1

Just now, KVG_DC said:

I really do think they should do an unboxing reaction video for their unis with the MMs.   I bet there's some awesome responses on the lines of, "They're so UGLY!  I LOVE them!"  and "People are gonna lose their MINDS on DCP."  

When I saw the Riffs look for the first time 🤨 then I saw it on the field.  Same this year.  

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Many corps have so much room to grow with YouTube engagement. Something like that unboxing video is genius and would have so much more impact than the boxed reveals done by the uniform companies. 

13 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

This is where we are at an impasse. I thought Bluecoats body movement and vocabulary was equal to BD this year. I think I am beginning to understand that BD just shows more different elements, which you can more easily do when you break free from the conventional drill book. 

It's an interesting thought, though I'm strongly in the "keep drill" camp. I wonder if staffs ever study their competition in this way: what variety and skills were demonstrated, how many different types of effect created, etc, and then try to integrate/outmaneuver in their next program?

I've written for band and paid close attention to our competitors, but at that level never had a need to get that granular.

• Like 1