The Staff Merry-go-round

As fun as it is to dogpile on vanguard, maybe stay on topic? Also, super inside baseball stuff, but a key player had a death in the immediate family this last weekend. My guess is that had something to do with the cancellation but it is only a guess. 

7 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

DCI was silent because DCI did not know that SCV management had planned on pulling the plug. They were in the dark like everyone else except the SCV leadership.

And that is part of the problem.  If DCI's "Oversight" is that feeble, the enter org needs re-structured.  Finances are black and white.  If oversight can't be successful there, how in the world with oversight for member safety every be what it needs to be?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

We, and sadly, I include myself in this as I'm sure others won't hesitate to... we can be so mean to each other. Take me out of it and I have so, so many stories. 😔

How 'bout them Cowboys though? 😬 Or literally any other corps?

In my case, the corps took more drastic measures … I would march with them … and then they’d fold

4 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

As fun as it is to dogpile on vanguard, maybe stay on topic? Also, super inside baseball stuff, but a key player had a death in the immediate family this last weekend. My guess is that had something to do with the cancellation but it is only a guess. 

Mods have come In a few times and allowed conversation about SCV to stay on topic.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DSpruce said:

I know. There’s discussing SCV and there’s giddily sh*tting on them. 

There’s also blindly supporting them and trying to shut down any criticisms about the org…

• Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

I don’t see this as dogpiling on SCV, and a lot of us learned something new about their culture.

I can see you are pretty new here, so you might as well know, regular posters will hop down bunny trails from time to time. Trying to keep us focused 100% on the topic is like herding, well bunnies.

Once Labor Day rolls around, you can bet we’ll be very focused on the big moves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Trying to keep us focused 100% on the topic is like herding, well bunnies.

Thanks appreciated. I know. Nudging, well aware I am unable to shut down. Happily accept the label supportive.

Grew up in it from preadolescence to adulthood, relatives were in it, marched many years directly under Gail, Myron, etc, spent time with Gail in the hospital before he died. 

Edited by DSpruce
Typo (happy to happily), added last sentence
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 8:31 AM, JohnZ said:

we are here, just haven't needed to intervene yet.  News of staff changes does seem to be a tic or two slower than previous years, but not terribly unusual for post-Finals August, IMO.

And I think we in the back room all agree with you that SCV status/staff is relevant - at least until it either dominates the thread and/or morphs into more status than staff.  

Staff changes or not is always a very interesting read.  Looking forward to more discussion fodder coming soon.

1 hour ago, fighterkit said:

Mods have come In a few times and allowed conversation about SCV to stay on topic.

And in the past three hours this thread has entered the noted territory.  

Fair warning -