The Staff Merry-go-round

22 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have yet to see SCV list anything on staff

Largely the same on design, Bart Woodley and Scott Koter are out, Dan Morrison in.

3 minutes ago, SaturdayNightLights said:

Largely the same on design, Bart Woodley and Scott Koter are out, Dan Morrison in.

I think most people are interested in the Visual, Brass, Percussion, and Guard teams.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SaturdayNightLights said:

ah i hadn't seen anything

27 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Program Coordinator for Ronald Reagan? I thought that was Caspar Weinberger...

i remember a debate about succession...i know Haig inserted himself

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

I think most people are interested in the Visual, Brass, Percussion, and Guard teams.

I for one want to be sure that they are meeting (and in good standing with) CA & IRS non-profit legal requirements, as well as putting in place a system to prevent member abuse.  

Posting a transparent audit by a certified third party CPA firm wouldn’t be a bad idea either.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Clarity
  • Like 6

The summer of 71, our band director gathered sections leaders for the upcoming season (I was trumpet) and showed us the late 1960s "Here Come the Troopers." "I want us to perform like this," he said. Our undefeated season in a small, rural town in Northeast Alabama was the beginning of my high school's many-year reign in the top echelons. All because of the "cutting edge" of The Troopers.

Including the cutting-edge color guard that defined the idiom before Winter Guard International took over training drum corps guards.

The winter of 1986, an eight-member color guard, Onyx, presented a dear, magical, non-literal performance to "Send in the Clowns." It took more than a decade for the obsidian-named unit to become cutting-edge World Champions and to define the idiom.

There is congruence, in my mind, in bringing these two organizations together at this time. Mr. Lenz' muscular, angular, acrobatic design and Mr. Combs' leadership and performer training overlayed on this iteration of "America's Corps," with its muscular, angular, Cormac McCarthy visions of the American West.

Just as I am look forward to every corps doing what it takes to make its program and organization stronger, its member experience better, and its outcomes more competitive, I am very much looking forward to the potential in this symmetry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I for one want to be sure that they are meeting (and in good standing with) CA & IRS non-profit legal requirements, as well as putting in place a system to prevent member abuse.  

Posting a transparent audit by a certified third party CPA firm wouldn’t be a bad idea either.  

Oh certainly, but I would most be interested in which staff will sign on the dotted line for the 2024 season

If I were choosing to be on staff I would want to be sure that the corps would be solvent for the full season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

Expect full staff announcement from Vanguard later today. Many holdovers, some new.

• Like 2