Mandarins 2024

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Or Louisiana Stars?

I really enjoyed this show when I saw it at OC Finals. 

The soloist at the one minute mark, I was sitting next to his mom and dad. Awesome people. 

• Like 3

I was sad when they closed up shop.  Louisiana Stars always put on a good show.  I remember their season debut at Ft. Wayne in '15.  People took notice!  It was much like Music City grabbing our attention in '14. 

Louisiana Stars seemed to be on a similar path as Music City but the pandemic just sort of did them in.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Just found out that my son was named Section Leader for the Tuba Line this season!

So proud of my boy and all the hard work he has put in. 

Shout out to all the performers, parents, alumni, and fans of this amazing activity!

Let's have an awesome 2024!

That’s wonderful! Did he get his new kicks yet? I wore out my Brooks and bought a pair of Hokas this week. congratulations-celebrate.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s wonderful! Did he get his new kicks yet? I wore out my Brooks and bought a pair of Hokas this week. congratulations-celebrate.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Funny you ask lol. His new kicks for marching this summer just arrived yesterday. He just finished school on Thursday, so he is coming home to our house today and staying thru Monday, then he is going back to his place to finish packing and prepping, and then he flies up to Sacramento this Friday for move-ins. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Funny you ask lol. His new kicks for marching this summer just arrived yesterday. He just finished school on Thursday, so he is coming home to our house today and staying thru Monday, then he is going back to his place to finish packing and prepping, and then he flies up to Sacramento this Friday for move-ins. 

Yep.  Come home from school, leave, come back home again and then leave go to band camp.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yep.  Come home from school, leave, come back home again and then leave go to band camp.  

Yes ma'am. He comes home, raids our fridge and pantry, gets mom's home cooking, brings all his dirty laundry from his apartment and does it at our house lol. 

But we wouldn't have it any other way. We are just glad we can see him one more time before he heads up north to Sac-Town.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Just found out that my son was named Section Leader for the Tuba Line this season!

So proud of my boy and all the hard work he has put in. 

Shout out to all the performers, parents, alumni, and fans of this amazing activity!

Let's have an awesome 2024!

Way to go, Dre!!! Love this!! You raised a great one, Chief!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Chief Guns Saw  your son being profiled as one of the section leaders posted on The Mandarins Instagram page. What a proud moment for you.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7Rt2xzNZUu/?hl=en&img_index=1

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

@Chief Guns Saw  your son being profiled as one of the section leaders posted on The Mandarins Instagram page. What a proud moment for you.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7Rt2xzNZUu/?hl=en&img_index=1

Thanks brother! We are really excited and proud of him. He has worked really hard and we are so happy to see it paying off. Going to be a great summer for everyone!

• Like 6