Ageout Numbers??

6 hours ago, Metalbinky said:

I believe BD is in the 80-90 range (highest number of ageouts in a single season for the corps).   

Edit:  I think I’m wrong about the number, seems extraordinarily high.  I’ll ask

I saw 67 in their ageout photo. Even if a few were missing, 80-90 is really high. I think 67 is already more than usual for them.

3 hours ago, CAtenhut said:

I saw 67 in their ageout photo. Even if a few were missing, 80-90 is really high. I think 67 is already more than usual for them.

I believe they said 76 at the DCI West BBQ. If not, it’s definitely in the high 70s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/14/2023 at 11:56 AM, BlueStainGlass said:

Believe someone counted 40 for Blue Stars on their group page 

38 to be exact.

3 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

So who gets to count the guy who was in both BD and Boston, or does he count as 1/2 an ageout in each? 😁

Apparently the story with that is (and you can see him in a Boston uniform in the BD ageout picture) he was an alternate with BD all season. Boston had a mellophone hole, I'm assuming late season, and BD sent him over to them. So Boston didn't have to do their final shows with a hole and the guy got to perform on the field for championship week - a win/win for everybody, and just a pretty cool thing. 

Did he get a ring is the question 

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Did he get a ring is the question 

And if so, does he count as the first Boston member to get a ring?   Or do we ask Dan Potter for an asterisk? 😉

But seriously, that's a cool thing between corps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

And if so, does he count as the first Boston member to get a ring?   Or do we ask Dan Potter for an asterisk? 😉

But seriously, that's a cool thing between corps.

Or what if Boston had gotten the silver or bronze medal.............would he have received both medals from BD and BAC?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NakedEye said:

So who gets to count the guy who was in both BD and Boston, or does he count as 1/2 an ageout in each? 😁

Apparently the story with that is (and you can see him in a Boston uniform in the BD ageout picture) he was an alternate with BD all season. Boston had a mellophone hole, I'm assuming late season, and BD sent him over to them. So Boston didn't have to do their final shows with a hole and the guy got to perform on the field for championship week - a win/win for everybody, and just a pretty cool thing. 

And what a show to perform!

• Like 1