Boston Crusaders 2024

28 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Regiment: 2nd 1977-1979, 2nd 1989, 1st 1996 (tie) and 2008.

Crown: 2nd 2009, 4th 2010 and 2011, 2nd 2012, 1st 2013.

Garfield: 7th 1981, 3rd 1982, 1st 1983

Star: 6th 1989, 3rd 1990, 1st 1991

Sometimes it takes two decades (or 31 years to win your first solo title) and other times a year once you hit top 3. Winning is so hard in this activity, and it's even harder today because of the Blue Devils.

I really don't know why winning matters so much to people. I will kill for Madison to be in Boston's position. 

I won’t speak for every alum but we are the oldest corps to have not won a title in DCI. And the next oldest corps to not win isn’t even close. It’ll be the culmination of the hard work every Giant before us put in

Winning is cool but it isn’t everything. Getting second in 22 wasn’t the highlight of the season for me. It was watching the corps grow and evolve and perform their hearts out. Breaking records was just the cherry on top

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

I won’t speak for every alum but we are the oldest corps to have not won a title in DCI. And the next oldest corps to not win isn’t even close. It’ll be the culmination of the hard work every Giant before us put in

Winning is cool but it isn’t everything. Getting second in 22 wasn’t the highlight of the season for me. It was watching the corps grow and evolve and perform their hearts out. Breaking records was just the cherry on top

This. If winning was the only thing, I wouldn't be the supportive alum that I am, since we placed 26th when I played sop in 1980.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

I love that you respect the dedication of the alumni that came before you.  That’s great! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fighterkit said:

I can understand that. They’ll get there. If they maintain what they are doing, it should happen. It just make take several years. It is so hard to win these days because the Blue Devils are always going to be on the top of their game. They don’t need to have the undeniable show in any given year to win, but everyone else does. Look at what its taken to beat them since 2007 - it’s taken the show of the year - that undeniable winner, and we haven’t seen that, in my opinion, since 2018 Vanguard. That’s what it’s going to take to win - a 2008 Regiment, 2011 Cadets, 2013 Crown, a 2016 Bluecoats or a 2018 Vanguard. It’s a tall order. Boston has really stepped up their design game since the pandemic, so 2022 and 2023 are a very promising foundation for perhaps a future champion.

I used to get so upset over placements but when your corps falls from a 1988 champion to being a pretty insignificant non-finalist, it gives you a new perspective. In 1989 when we finished 7th it felt like we finished last. To me, it was the lowest of the low, because it was. No one below us was going to beat us and we lost to everyone we considered our main competition. It felt like we got last place. I would be elated today if the Scouts finished 7th, or 10th, or 12th for that matter.

Celebrate where Boston is today. They are the best they have ever been (yes, I think 2023 was a step up from 2022 even though they dropped in placement). They’ll get there - enjoy the ride.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, craiga said:

This. If winning was the only thing, I wouldn't be the supportive alum that I am, since we placed 26th when I played sop in 1980.

agreed on many levels, but i think it'd be as magical as 99 or 00 if they finally got one

• Like 1

Since my early vinyl recordings of BAC and ST.KEVINS I'd always believed that one of them would be national(world) champions...Hopefully this year, BAC fulfills that long awaited goal...peace

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

agreed on many levels, but i think it'd be as magical as 99 or 00 if they finally got one

Yes, both seasons were magical but 2000 was incredible. Beautifully designed show and highly entertaining. That's the year I fell in love with BAC. My other big favorites are 2001 and 2012. That was such a great show. Last year's is probably my number 1 favorite because it was such a great design and was so entertaining. On The Waterfront is probably my favorite drum corps tune and that guard was so amazing.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

Since my early vinyl recordings of BAC and ST.KEVINS I'd always believed that one of them would be national(world) champions...Hopefully this year, BAC fulfills that long awaited goal...peace

Pretty confident that BAC has a better shot at championship in 2024 than St Kevin’s. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Vuitton said:

Yes, both seasons were magical but 2000 was incredible. Beautifully designed show and highly entertaining. That's the year I fell in love with BAC. My other big favorites are 2001 and 2012. That was such a great show. Last year's is probably my number 1 favorite because it was such a great design and was so entertaining. On The Waterfront is probably my favorite drum corps tune and that guard was so amazing.

2000 BAC was absolutely magical 

• Like 2