Boston Crusaders 2024

Safe travels to all the members and staff heading to San Antonio for camp today!  Looks like it will be a beautiful day to fly for our New England and Florida members, as well as a great day to drive across town for our San Antonio members! 😀 

Seriously, Castleton is now less than a month....I LOVE this time of year!

• Like 4

There's a tiny, and I mean tiny, snippet of show music that can be heard on one of the MMs' IG page. I don't want to get them in trouble so I won't expose them. Not even enough of a snippet to know what they're playing but it was still kinda cool to stumble upon. 

• Like 4

So, I don't have access to any snippets of the corps, and if I did, I'm not tech savvy enough to post them here in any case.

But, I have heard from multiple members that this year's show takes "alot of risks" that they haven't attempted before.   I keep hearing this but I have no details...other than two 4 year vets told me they have never done anything like this.  I literally don't know what they are referring to. 

As a 64 year old, avid supporter of them,  BAC could play Mary Had a Little Lamb and I would cheer them on.

It seems as though the design team and upper management at Boston have reinvented themselves.   I get that BD is as close to being inevitable as you can get to winning yet again,  but BAC apparently is thinking "not so fast...".

In any case, they will be flying to Vermont exactly three weeks from tomorrow, and Max and I will probably make the 4 hour drive up to the Green Mountains at some point the following week. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, craiga said:

But, I have heard from multiple members that this year's show takes "alot of risks" that they haven't attempted before.   I keep hearing this but I have no details...other than two 4 year vets told me they have never done anything like this.  I literally don't know what they are referring to.  

It seems as though the design team and upper management at Boston have reinvented themselves.   I get that BD is as close to being inevitable as you can get to winning yet again,  but BAC apparently is thinking "not so fast...". 

Supposedly, management felt the corps needed more GE last year.  Adding more risks might mean more guard difficult work, tougher drill, and how props are used.   

• Like 1

I won't spoil anything. But this show is truly a treat. Some really cool things happening and the most talented corps out of Boston ever. 

This is 100% a show to watch for

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

I won't spoil anything. But this show is truly a treat. Some really cool things happening and the most talented corps out of Boston ever. 

This is 100% a show to watch for

Any shows from the past be it a Boston show or other corps show  that feels / sounds  similar to what Boston  Is doing this season ?   😊

2 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Any shows from the past be it a Boston show or other corps show  that feels / sounds  similar to what Boston  Is doing this season ?   😊

It feels very Boston. When you hear/see the package you can tell who wrote/designed because they've got their own style but it is, IMO, quintessential Boston.
Unapologetic for what it is and what they are doing on the field. 

The last opener that made me feel this way was when I saw SCV 18 live at the first show. So there is that. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TOC said:

Minor slip up, but you did mean evar, correct?

Haha. Ive still got my southern twang