DCI's Next Director

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a little late to the party here but I couldn’t post at the time because I was on time out🤷‍♀️. I left before this happened in Indy but after I returned home, I watched the video honoring Dan Acheson for his service in DCI.  I was surprised that there was no mention of his marching in the Queen City Cadets. He and all of his brothers marched there before the Scouts. I didn’t care but Jim seemed a little offended. His Dad ran the show there for awhile. Oh well.  Drum corps people have the shortest memories known to mankind. The retention skills of a gnat. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, TOC said:

Ouch!  How did Jim take that remark?

It’s true.  Look at how quickly people forgot about some of the heinous stuff that’s happened in the last five years? I’m always referring people to the Philadelphia Inquirer articles. I recently did it on here.  An article from October 2018.

Either they forget or they choose to not remember. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Drum corps people have the shortest memories known to mankind. The retention skills of a gnat. 

No... I think you were more accurate in your next post.

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Either they forget or they choose to not remember. 

Selective memory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m a little late to the party here but I couldn’t post at the time because I was on time out🤷‍♀️. I left before this happened in Indy but after I returned home, I watched the video honoring Dan Acheson for his service in DCI.  I was surprised that there was no mention of his marching in the Queen City Cadets. He and all of his brothers marched there before the Scouts. I didn’t care but Jim seemed a little offended. His Dad ran the show there for awhile. Oh well.  Drum corps people have the shortest memories known to mankind. The retention skills of a gnat. 

But QC Cadets weren’t one of the big name top corps so…. 🤦‍♂️🤬

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

But QC Cadets weren’t one of the big name top corps so…. 🤦‍♂️🤬

I always tell people that Norwood Park made me a drum corps kid.  I was a 14 year old dorky band nerd when I went there. I was already forged when I went to Guardsmen thanks to those good people. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 5