Number of Finals

6 since 2012, loved them all in so many different ways, although 2014 was painful as a Cadet parent. I've been 

a Spirit parent, Cadet parent and a Boston parent, now since 2016.

• Like 1

I've marched in or saw every Finals since 1975. I missed 2017 due to my mothers death. I missed 72, 73, 74 because I didn't know there was such thing as drumcorps.

• Like 2

2013 and 2014. 

2013 was very significant for me. It was my first time going. What made it even better was that Crown became favorite corps after 2012 because of their brass sound. So I was rooting for them. I didn't really follow dci after 2005 until 2012. That spring we discovered my mom had cancer and I would just think about that nonstop until I came across a recording of Crown. It blew me away and took my mind off the issue. I decided that no matter what I planned on attending finals in 2013. Little did I know then that Crown would make history and I would be there in person to witness it. 

2014 was a bit more enjoyable because I liked more shows than I did in 2013. It also helped that I had a seat on the 50 yard line. Bloo made history by taking the silver. BD also received the highest score in history. I actually loved the show. A big change because I didn't like their 2013 show at all. But the main thing was some really incredible people gave my cousin for free. She was in a wheelchair.she had been guard before that but never knew what dcii was. I took her to see SCV practice in 2013 and she was so moved by them I let the corps know how much they touched 18 year old girl in a wheelchair. It touched a lot of people and they gave us the means to go to 2014 finals. I enjoyed the shows but what I really loved was watching her reactions throughout the night.

Sorry I rambled on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, boxingfred said:

I've marched in or saw every Finals since 1975. I missed 2017 due to my mothers death. I missed 72, 73, 74 because I didn't know there was such thing as drumcorps.

That’s why I couldn’t find you in ‘74!

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2023 at 7:36 AM, kdaddy said:

Baby's firsts...

First DCI broadcast: 1993

First live show: Tulsa in 1996 (rained out, with standstill performances by Magic, Crown, Cavies, and Regiment in the school's PAC)

First live finals: 2002, and I've only missed 03, 11, and 20 since for a total of 19

Favorite: I really liked 2002, probably because it was the first

I marched with The Cavaliers in '96. Was Tulsa the show with the tornado warning? My mom was volunteering on tour with us that summer and I remember at some show in Oklahoma sitting in a concrete hallway next to her waiting for the storm to pass over.

3 minutes ago, tommynev said:

I marched with The Cavaliers in '96. Was Tulsa the show with the tornado warning? My mom was volunteering on tour with us that summer and I remember at some show in Oklahoma sitting in a concrete hallway next to her waiting for the storm to pass over.

We were indoors for quite a while. I only remember rain, but tornados in Oklahoma would track.

3 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

We were indoors for quite a while. I only remember rain, but tornados in Oklahoma would track.

I just texted my mom to ask her if she remembered that show and she was like "yeah, Union High School. We were sitting next to Marie Cziapinsky during the storm and talked to her the whole time." Her memory is better than mine lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...