Troopers 2024

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes, but they may be better prepared. 2022 they only truly grew to finalist status the last 2 weeks of the season....before then they were close, but it wasn't til they had the ick go through the corps that they took off and up

Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a correlation of longer ST w/ Corps preparation or show completeness (general statement; not aimed at Troopers).  

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a correlation of longer ST w/ Corps preparation or show completeness (general statement; not aimed at Troopers).  

i don't disagree. but i feel them holding off a few more days last year would have benefitted them more score wise than their first show. with more corps doing fewer shows, smart preparations will be the key, especially not holding back the super dooper ending that often does NOT end up helping that much.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Apparently "Sunny the Sun Prop" from Troopers 2023 MIGHT be making a reappearance in 2024? Mary Duerkop said something about it in an interview with Dan Potter at the Januals. Also, I love that they call it "Sunny the Sun Prop."

She also said "Dance with the Devil" is sort of a continuation of 2023, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of a direction this goes in. Hope it's another good one, because I really would like to see them stick around in finals.

Here's the interview: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was some whispering last season that 2024 would "continue" the story and that the white uniform that was seen for a time would be the corps uniform for it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, An_drew said:

Apparently "Sunny the Sun Prop" from Troopers 2023 MIGHT be making a reappearance in 2024? Mary Duerkop said something about it in an interview with Dan Potter at the Januals. Also, I love that they call it "Sunny the Sun Prop."

She also said "Dance with the Devil" is sort of a continuation of 2023, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of a direction this goes in. Hope it's another good one, because I really would like to see them stick around in finals.

Here's the interview: 

what about poor Derrick?

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I think they should find a way to mount the sun on Derrick.  

better get another truck

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Troop drops their repertoire for 2024:

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/qvndheNRzkinuFST/?mibextid=xfxF2i

"The Other Side" / Tim Snyder, Paul Rennick, Sandi Rennick, Justin Shelton

"Hyperlink" / Peter Graham (1, 2, 3)

"Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" / Bennie Benjamin, Horace Ott, Sol Marcus

"Wait of the World" / Stephen Melillo (1, 2, 3)

And . . . HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN

I've been pining for Troop to put this on the field since forever.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1