Troopers 2024

36 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think you’d agree with me that they’ve really found their footing.  And their niche. It’s made a world of difference. 

My concern for 2024 Troopers is that they start 9 days later than most of the Corps that they were scoring around in 2023 (Colts, BS, Cavaliers; 6 days later than SCV (who has a lot of questions after year off & may be within reach)).  Similar happened in 2022 & they were playing catch-up all season (& pulled it off to place 12th).  Last season they started on first day & were up to 10th.  I hope the late start in 2024 doesn’t come back to bite them. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was rewatching There Will be Blood the other day.  I wonder if they used some of the incidental music from that movie in 2022? It’s good.  I believe I recognized some of it. The score is by Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood. 

Love it, but There Will be Blood wasn't a Coen bros movie.  That was Paul Thomas Anderson.  The Coen Bros came out with No Country for Old Men the same year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lance said:

Love it, but There Will be Blood wasn't a Coen bros movie.  That was Paul Thomas Anderson.  The Coen Bros came out with No Country for Old Men the same year.  

That’s right.  The same director of Boogie Nights.  Could there be any two different movies? 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was rewatching There Will be Blood the other day.  I wonder if they used some of the incidental music from that movie in 2022? It’s good.  I believe I recognized some of it. The score is by Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood. 

I saw it was on Showtime the other day but didn't have time to watch. Is this the movie with the bowling pin scene? 🤔 Going to try to watch it over the holidays. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think you’d agree with me that they’ve really found their footing.  And their niche. It’s made a world of difference. 

indeed. they have found a way to be The Troopers without being the 1975 Troopers. yes some classics get woven in, but the growth in design the last 3 years is nothing short of amazing, and now they are attracting talent in staff and performers.

we were discussing this on the upcoming DCAF episode about Boston....the first big step is to not just crack the top 6, but staying there. you need that before you can consistently medal. Right now, they are slowly doing the right things to get to that level. granted, whats above them is #### good....it's never been harder to make that jump. But these guys seem to slowly be getting there

• Like 3

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

My concern for 2024 Troopers is that they start 9 days later than most of the Corps that they were scoring around in 2023 (Colts, BS, Cavaliers; 6 days later than SCV (who has a lot of questions after year off & may be within reach)).  Similar happened in 2022 & they were playing catch-up all season (& pulled it off to place 12th).  Last season they started on first day & were up to 10th.  I hope the late start in 2024 doesn’t come back to bite them. 

yes, but they may be better prepared. 2022 they only truly grew to finalist status the last 2 weeks of the season....before then they were close, but it wasn't til they had the ick go through the corps that they took off and up

• Like 2

I think that the new Trooper brand has benefitted from the popularity of Yellowstone. Cowboys are cool again. Now I just want to see a huge guard full of "Beths".

• Like 2