Troopers 2024

This year was AMAZING. Troop had a great season but there are definitely things to improve on. What do you think the theme will be and song selections? And most importantly, will they bring the 11th Ohio Cavalry uniforms back? Take your guess but only time will tell.

8 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

This year was AMAZING. Troop had a great season but there are definitely things to improve on. What do you think the theme will be and song selections? And most importantly, will they bring the 11th Ohio Cavalry uniforms back? Take your guess but only time will tell.

If what I read was correct. The white uniform unveiled mid season will be the next seasons uniform. It was meant to be an easter egg. But time will tell

But I cannot wait to see what Troop has in store for next season. I absolutely have loved what they have been doing these past few years and hope they continue to do it

• Like 1

I love the Ohio 11th unis honestly. Seeing them come out with that at finals was exceptional and so cool. 

40 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

If what I read was correct. The white uniform unveiled mid season will be the next seasons uniform. It was meant to be an easter egg. But time will tell

But I cannot wait to see what Troop has in store for next season. I absolutely have loved what they have been doing these past few years and hope they continue to do it

I think it was dci Atlanta, but I saw the white uniform for the first time and it’s really sleek and I like it.

• Like 1

A white look would seem to indicate a different thematic vibe, and I'm not convinced that Troop wants to yank the wheel into a completely new lane just yet. Coming off the pandemic year and the StarTrek theme the year before that, 2021 was a forceful re-commitment to gritty Western identity. 2022 was a show built on the concept of greed. 2023 ran with the idea of hubris, though it concluded in a note of triumphalism at finals. Three years of aggressive, almost angry explorations of the darker corners of the soul. 

Okay, that's overstating it (it's just band!), but I think back on the past 3 seasons of mud-in-yer-eye programming, and the idea of going all white strikes me as either willfull sabotage of all the advancement of the past 3 years, or as the most brilliant programming thing ever, like Gandalf the Gray re-emerging as Gandalf the White, or something. 

If Troop is serious about taking another stride forward in 2024, I can understand the rationale of being very obvious about their intentions in a number of ways: In the continued growth of their musical and visual book, and in the look of the corps itself. Sticking with the black desperado look of the past few seasons might work against what Casper is trying to communicate about its aspirations.

All of which is to say I have no clue what may be up their sleeve for next year.

• Like 1

I could totally see them going with "good cowboys wear white hats and kick a__" thing if they go all white.  The common denominator with the recent vibe literally being the spaghetti western tropes

I like the dark, angry, modern (show-wise) western theme.  It fits them like a glove and is competitive.  This is a very good design team, so if they are going to go white, I'm sure they have a great idea planned.  Can't wait to see it!  With some tweaking in the Guard caption (and the guard was honestly better this year than last), they could really be on the cusp of a single digit placement.  The top 11 has gotten hyper competitive (I consider Blue Stars an aberration in 2023).  Better doesn't = higher placement right now.  All 11 seem to have figured out some very important things to be sustainable.  Hard to look at any of them as say, oh, I'm worried about them for next year.  Go Troop!

• Like 1

I am madly in love with this corps now. So hyped for next year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I could totally see them going with "good cowboys wear white hats and kick a__" thing if they go all white.  The common denominator with the recent vibe literally being the spaghetti western tropes

What was that movie recently where the guy backs his way into a bunch of cowboy stuff and then like becomes a legend (figured it out now)

Edited by RiverCityAndTroopersFan
?