Troopers 2024

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 4:15 PM, An_drew said:

Apparently "Sunny the Sun Prop" from Troopers 2023 MIGHT be making a reappearance in 2024? Mary Duerkop said something about it in an interview with Dan Potter at the Januals. Also, I love that they call it "Sunny the Sun Prop."

She also said "Dance with the Devil" is sort of a continuation of 2023, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of a direction this goes in. Hope it's another good one, because I really would like to see them stick around in finals.

Here's the interview: 

I realize it's not their show concept, but that poster screams Roland from King's The Dark Tower series.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

You mean it’s not a state secret? :peek:
The graphic reminds me of when Django blew up Candieland and was walking out of the smoke and flames. 🔥 I love it. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You mean it’s not a state secret? :peek:
The graphic reminds me of when Django blew up Candieland and was walking out of the smoke and flames. 🔥 I love it. 

A bit of googling found this.  2024 Troopers could be a show that we are going to talk about for some years to follow:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Shout out to the Troopers for making preseason show content announcements and building excitement for the season.

Tim Snyder announced the other day that they have found a vocalist that sounds nearly exactly like Johnny Cash to sing “House of the Rising Sun”.  Brilliant. Look it up on YouTube.  So sad and soulful. 

Troop are quickly becoming my favorite corps.  Just get the guard on point and 😘

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 8

On 4/5/2024 at 9:45 PM, corps8294 said:

The day after finals is he going to sing, "Sunday Mornin' Coming Down?" :whistle::doh:

After a top 5 finish, perhaps? Okay, top 8.

Edited by TonyM11th
mistake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...