CA Department of Justice sends Vanguard second delinquency notice as of Aug 25, 2023

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Do you think there are DCI staff or BoD members that lurk on DCP?

I would expect so, but I've already provided the complaints to them directly. I'd submit a complaint to the state, and then give DCI a copy as well. 

DCI has way more context than anyone here, and actually more than SCV. I stopped including them on copies of my complaints back in January. The data I use is all public information anyway. They have access to as much of it as I do. Why should I hold them by the hand anymore. 

20 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

This was totally uncalled for. Try not to confuse yesterday with today. Sounds like you have an axe to grind. 

You are right.  And I will continue to grind said axe, as these self-proclaimed "elite" corps continue to be hoisted by their own petards.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:
OK, DSpruce is one of 4 people. Two of them are highly unlikely. Of the remaining two I think I got it wrong, and now I correct my assertation.

I of course should probably just not out that person yet. When I do, I will be certain and have proof.

This is gross. 

You've reduced your legitimacy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I saw quite a few people wearing Santa Clara Vanguard coats at the airport in Indy which started an interesting conversation with a friend. Both of us remembered conversations last summer about Spirit not fielding a corps in 2022 but very little was said about SVC’s absence this past year. Other than who would fill the spot left vacant by SCV, and some talk about Mandarins benefiting from their hiatus, something Mandarins folks didn’t wholeheartedly endorse, I heard next to nothing and my friend who is more on top what’s happening said the same. Personally I at least expected talk about where SCV might have potentially placed, whether they’d come roaring back in 2024, or maybe staff movement if there is not to be a 2024.

I’d love to see SCV return, but as others have said, it’s unlikely. I’m also not sure you’d see SCV regain its status if it did return. I personally don’t see any of the top 4 of 2023 who were also the top 4 in 2022 losing ground next year. Mandarins has real momentum, Cadets and Phantom have great potential, Cavies has probably learned a thing or two, Troopers and Colts have fire in their bellies. I just don’t see SCV getting its act together for next year, I don’t expect an immediate return to the top 5, and the longer they are away, the less of a destination corps they will be. I would love to be proven wrong. I didn’t expect Spirit to Cascades to return, and am more than happy to admit I was wrong, but while SCV has a much richer legacy than most corps, it also has huge problems that may not be able to be solved, and this thread is reinforcing my doubts about an SCV return.

You know, it was interesting the lack of talk about SCV not being there at finals. No one really mentioned it.

Now I don’t know if that’s just because everyone assumed they’d be back, as if the situation wasn’t as bad as Spirits or maybe it was the fact that this was just such an amazing year for DCI top to bottom it was almost easy to forget they weren’t there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kdaddy said:

This is gross. 

You've reduced your legitimacy. 

Nah, he’s provided too much factual documentation and dug up the crap to lose legitimacy. 

If DSpruce wants to play with fire and get burnt, that’s on them. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Nah, he’s provided too much factual documentation and dug up the crap to lose legitimacy. 

If DSpruce wants to play with fire and get burnt, that’s on them. 

Threatening to out somebody over a disagreement? Nah, that ain't it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Threatening to out somebody over a disagreement? Nah, that ain't it.

Yeah, I’m an anti-doxxer too

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AzEuph said:

@Richard Lesher, I’m genuinely curious: what’s your preferable end result?

Are you trying to get back on board, get current board terminated, become director, destroy VMAPA?  I genuinely can’t tell and have been curious all of these past 9 months.

I mean honestly at the rate it’s going VMAPA gots to go. Time to blow it up and start again. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, AzEuph said:

@Richard Lesher, I’m genuinely curious: what’s your preferable end result?

Are you trying to get back on board, get current board terminated, become director, destroy VMAPA?  I genuinely can’t tell and have been curious all of these past 9 months.

VMAPA has done a good job destroying itself if we're being completely honest here.

15 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I mean honestly at the rate it’s going VMAPA gots to go. Time to blow it up and start again. 

Crown can show them how to do that.
2018-Carolina-Crown-800x800.png