Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Unless you are 2006 Troopers, who had, gasp, tax issues. 

To be more exact, they had federal compliance issues (not filing 990s for multiple years in a row). DCI's Board had told them to get right numerous times and they still failed to comply, at which point DCI cut them off in the interest of keeping Troopers' IRS problems isolated from the whole organization. It was the right call.

Just as DCI giving Vanguard keys to the tour again before SCV has shown that they are in full compliance with state and federal filings was most likely NOT the right call.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Unless you are 2006 Troopers, who had, gasp, tax issues. 

Even then I believe Troop took the lead 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

HD2s0W.gif

I know I’m loud but loud is good 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

My understanding of DCI membership is SCV lost it when they stopped being a competing Corps. When they go forward into 2024 they will always perform LAST!!!!!!!!!!!! among World Corps until later in the season when they have built up a basis of scored ranking for larger regional shows. 

So YEA I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF IS UP WITH DCI?????????????

The Cadets will be in the same boat too. 

Now........... as far as DCI goes................. I posted here on DCP that Cadets are not in compliance with the PA Dept of State. I was very cautious to make my move and literally reached out to the state and they sent me back an e-mail confirmation that the Cadets are indeed NOT (and I stand by this accusation to this day) not registered as a charity as required by PA law. I had that in my hand before I went and posted anything. 

With literally the PA Dept of State letter in my hand I submitted an ethics complaint to DCI and gave them a copy of said letter. 

Dan Acheson himself e-mailed me and said the Cadets are good to go based on what the Cadets say. 

Then the media manager of Cadets e-mailed me directly trying to push me around. 

WRONG MOVE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you all learn anything..................

So what that ended up doing is cause me to submit an independent complaint to the state of Pennsylvania connecting the dots for them to Cadets and YEA Tax ID's to the conduct of George H. That way, record of the disciplinary action will forever be attached to those tax ID's in the Pennsylvania non profit registry.  

Now, if DCI and Cadets just LET IT GO!!!!! and said thanks we are looking into it and then SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!!! They wouldn't have had some A-hole on the west coast hand the Dept of State documentation linking the last two Tax ID's to being an insinuation of rape so it can continue to be documented as such in the state non profit registry. 

Then a week later the whole law suit becomes public via another source

So sure.......... take DCI's word for it. Take Cadets word for it, take SCV's word for it. 

Everything I say can be verified, I'm just done being the one to have to prove it. I think it's their turns now. 

I say SCV is illegally paying Bingo employees with Bingo revenues in violation of CA state laws. They do not have the audited financials to say otherwise.

It takes seventeen people to run a bingo session, the hourly wage is at least the state minimum, and all that can be multiplied out by the bingo operating hours/days and add an hour before for prep, and an hour after for closure. The bingo manager salary is published in the 990's, and all that dwarfs the needed amounts earned from non bingo revenue sources (without member tour fees).

They went into 2023 having defaulted on lenders. So any reserves they had to pay bingo employees with non bingo reserves was ZERO

They had been delinquent since 2020 so any donations cannot be used to pay bingo salaries. That number they illegally raised is over $1,000,000. Just look when their registration expired and add up the donations income on their 990s, and I don't even have FY2022 yet.  

All SCV has to pay Bingo Salaries with is merchandise and royalty revenues. That is not going to cut it.  

Their business model is incapable of paying Bingo Salaries legally since September 2022. They can meet the cash flow needs if they use Bingo Net Income illegally. 

I guess any effort to play a shell game to hid that fact is called money laundering (says the Chartered Financial Analyst, 20 year Banker, and prior SCV Treasurer). 

Oh so Cadets went Tony soprano on you too?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Richard Lesher said:

So I'm not going to call it out by name. DCP loves to shut things down when that happens. 

But if one looks at the Board Members from say 10 years ago and compares it to the SCV website of board members there is one name that stands out as a constant that almost never goes away. 

Here are all the 990s going back to 2001:

http://www.truthindrumcorps.com/scv990/

This particular board member is the gatekeeper for the board selection committee. No one gets on the board without going through them. That person has surrounded themselves with "yesmen", anyone that tries to maintain their professional integrity ends up resigning. 

I manage to sneak on the board when the particular person had taken a break from being on the board. 

I thought they could serve only so many years in a row based on what you said from your time. Hmmm

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

I thought they could serve only so many years in a row based on what you said from your time. Hmmm

That is true, but the board is self selecting. People have been given extensions, yea, I suppose those would be in the board meeting minutes, but those too are closed for review. 

Basically, SCV is a tenuous non profit (for now) operating a multimillion dollar Bingo cash cow for people to get paid a lot of money and actually do nothing. 

The term limits are such that two 3 year terms are the cap, and one has to take a term off, but they can always come back. That was my intent when I left for the Army, but it morphed into something different by then. 

I really don't know how an organization in SCV's situation can fix itself with a Board that only ever meets virtually anymore.

Edited by Richard Lesher

9 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

That is true, but the board is self selecting. People have been given extensions, yea, I suppose those would be in the board meeting minutes, but those too are closed for review. 

No board minutes available? 🤔 with all the screw ups my old car club did even they wouldn’t dare not give board meeting minutes at next general meeting or newsletter. (Or available upon request.)

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Oh so Cadets went Tony soprano on you too?

Yea, and they got to the  DCI CEO apparently as well.

What folks in our community forget is we are just a bunch of band geeks and the institutions we cherish have no resources of any significance to be tied up legally intimidating anyone, let alone push back on trying to use the court system to suppress the truth. 

SCV has been doing that for years to alumni, they sent attorneys after me twice, and both times the end effect was it cost them money, it cost me nothing, and my message and voice escalated. 

I'm getting push back on the Avatar I use with the SCV shield. This is a parody of our annual member patches. If you look closely in the top right it would originally say DCI (I replaced with with CA DOJ), then down the middle stripe would say SCVanguard, and I replaced it with Delinquent, then on the bottom would be the year, and I replaced it with 2020-2023. 

Idea...............

I suppose NOW is the time to POUNCE and Trademark:

CADETS OF BERGEN COUNTY 

I mean any resistance to it would lay the legal bread crumbs to those that have absolute control over it, and resistance to anyone claiming it. It would certainly be inconvenient given current legal strategy.