Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

22 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

What the hell happened that caused the current situation we are in?

Notice that $3 mil came in 2019. IOW pre Covid and lockdowns.

57 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

I couldn't tell ya. Net $300K a month isn't insane. Net $100K would be a very bad month. I can tell you it takes 17 or so working staff to run a Bingo night. 

What I never understood is bingo players are at war with each other. You only need ONE bingo card to play a game, but folks would buy more cards to play the same game for the same pot. So there could be a little old lady there with 8 bingo cards playing one game and she spent 8X against the guy who only bought one card. 

So then the next time the guy buys 8X cards to match his odds of winning. The Pot is fixed, it is not dependent upon the number of players. If all the players realized they could all just buy 1X they'd still have the same odds against each other bingo income would tank. 

There are all sorts of permutation of Bingo games and it keeps the night pretty active. 

Always thought an abnormal physiology major could learn a lot from watching games. Best part was the paper bingo run few times a night. Pad of paper bingo “cards” used for the current game only. Sold cheap and could buy as many as they wanted. Had to run around to sell them and you got “NOT YOU! I never win with you” and “I want 6, 2 from the top, 2 from the middle and 2 from the bottom”. And you BETTER get it right 🤬.

Helped out pre smoking ban. Drive home in winter with car windows open and 10 degrees. Surprised cops never pulled over thinking I had smoked weed and was airing out the car. Smelled like a Marlboro until I could shower. 🤮

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Always thought an abnormal physiology major could learn a lot from watching games. Best part was the paper bingo run few times a night. Pad of paper bingo “cards” used for the current game only. Sold cheap and could buy as many as they wanted. Had to run around to sell them and you got “NOT YOU! I never win with you” and “I want 6, 2 from the top, 2 from the middle and 2 from the bottom”. And you BETTER get it right 🤬.

You just gave me flashbacks... from when working them was required or you paid a fee.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I have some experience with this. I was working bingo at my son’s Catholic school. Someone took another woman’s seat, they started exchanging punches, and the police were called. They are very territorial about where they sit, I guess.  They have bingo at the HOA center where I live, my neighbor asked me to go, but what if I sit in the wrong seat? Am I gonna get my ### kicked by a snowbird?

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Notice that $3 mil came in 2019. IOW pre Covid and lockdowns.

Yea, but SCV was pushing via the rumor mill this year that Bingo is currently "better than it has ever been". To which I would say, welp, OK then, than means greater than net $3.7M/yr. 

Now, better "than every has" could also mean since the current management started running things, since COVID, since who knows, but I prefer to hold them accountable to what is pushing pushed out with their choice of words:

E-V-E-R!!!!!!

So as far as I'm concerned $3M is conservative. It got to $3.775M so that's nearly $4M. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

I totally agree with that. It irks me as well, it is an indication from my interaction with DCI that they too are just as inept as the corps I am complaining about. 

For example, I know the SCV board of directors on their website is not up to date. With what is discussed in unofficial circles the coming and goings of the board members it not kept current. 

All these corps and organizations are shoe string operations. They simply are. DCI is a dark spartan office space they rent out. THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Blue Devils do NOT even own their own real estate. 

My point is there are not sufficient bodies to keep up the ruse of professionalism across all aspects of operations. For the love of God, if the Cadets legal strategy is to disassociate with their past to avoid legal liability they need to STOP flaunting their nearly 100 year heritage on their website. 

Are you saying Blue Devils doesn’t own the building they use for bingo, storage, etc?

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have some experience with this. I was working bingo at my son’s Catholic school. Someone took another woman’s seat, they started exchanging punches, and the police were called. They are very territorial about where they sit, I guess.  They have bingo at the HOA center where I live, my neighbor asked me to go, but what if I sit in the wrong seat? Am I gonna get my ### kicked by a snowbird?

Perhaps…and god help you if you even looked at the amulets they put around their space.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

There's been territorial issues in some churches that I've attended.  But certainly not to that extent. 😂 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

What the hell happened that caused the current situation we are in?

That's what I've been screaming about the last 12 months. It's pretty obvious, but one will have to go back through my old posts and dig it up. I'm burnt out repeating myself. 

If one wants they can easily find all the data themselves. I've compiled it all in one place at:

http://www.truthindrumcorps.com/

Based on the latest filings submitted a few months ago, nothing they submitted was any financial reporting work done after the previous CFO retired in September of 2022.

There is no indication that even a single general ledger accounting entry was done after fiscal year end of 2021. Mind you only 2019 has been audited (2020 is exempt with revenue below $2m) The 2021 990 submitted is not audited, and doesn't have a signature of any current SCV employee or representative with that submission. Yes, the CPA signed it, but as it is unaudited they do not attest to the numbers therein. 

Sooooooooooooooooooo............... who knows.............................

The Bingo Manager lives in Hawaii.

So who knows.......................

Never has SCV had so many people on staff and never has SCV had so few performing units. 

So who knows...........................

The count of board members hasn't be as low as it is currently since the Bingo Frauds and Thefts were discovered in 2005. Then the count of board members reached a record in 2019 just before the idiot community theater CEO was hired and SCV had a record revenue year ($5.9M) countered with a record net income loss (-545K). Yes, the the year they made more money than they ever have they ended up losing more money than they ever had. 

So who knows..............................

I live 10 minutes from SCV and can give them 20 hours a week of my financial analysis skills, but the last thing they seem to want is someone poking around going straight for the jugular. 

I would love to know, but last time I did that when I got in there everything was such a disarray we just had to cut bait, ignore trying to recreate a historic income statement, start with a fresh account of the balance sheet as it currently stood, and just go forward from there.