Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

6 minutes ago, HarmonyHiker96 said:

I…feel like I’m missing something..?

I mean, Hawaii isn’t all I focused on but I didn’t understand why it was relevant, so I asked about it. 

Well, I believe you mentioned you were new to the thread and haven’t read over 100 pages of discussion, so yes, you have missed a lot.

11 minutes ago, HarmonyHiker96 said:

I…feel like I’m missing something..?

I mean, Hawaii isn’t all I focused on but I didn’t understand why it was relevant, so I asked about it. 

It isn’t Hawaii per se; it is the apparent lack of close supervision of the mostly cash, $5,000,0000 bingo operation.  

13 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

Let's not get distracted folks. 

The CA DOJ just updated SCV's pending status for the 2022 filing

2021 rejected

https://rct.doj.ca.gov/Verification/Web/Search.aspx?facility=Y

Not counteracting, just pointing out that this is what the new CEO indicated was their strategy. AFAIK, they knew this would get rejected, but submitted anyway to indicate good will.

Does a rejected status buy more time to submit the required audit in such a way that's not indicated on the registry site?

It still feels like they're playing with fire here.

16 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

Let's not get distracted folks. 

The CA DOJ just updated SCV's pending status for the 2022 filing

2021 rejected

https://rct.doj.ca.gov/Verification/Web/Search.aspx?facility=Y

Has SCV at anytime in the last month released a statement simply saying “We are performing an independent audit”? Is that too much to expect? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Does a rejected status buy more time to submit the required audit in such a way that's not indicated on the registry site?

There is nothing to indicate as such. 

SCV's communication tactic has been to string folks along until the next issue arises without any verifiable progress hoping the previous issue was forgot. 

All of these problems are stacking on top of each other, and will be reviewed as a totality among them, not independently. 

Again, and help me figure this out...there is a staff in place, I'm assuming a show being put together, auditions are occurring, and there is a still a financial s**tshow in play? This corps expects everything to be resolved and rosey-cozy by the time tour season arrives? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

There is nothing to indicate as such. 

SCV's communication tactic has been to string folks along until the next issue arises without any verifiable progress hoping the previous issue was forgot. 

All of these problems are stacking on top of each other, and will be reviewed as a totality among them, not independently. 

Thanks.

Have you peeped the new 2022 renewal filing? Of note are the new CFO's signature instead of the previous', the Bingo Director's address listed as the corps hall, and the VMAPA Texas Affiliate inclusion for the first time.

Even in an incomplete status, the DOJ seems to publish whatever documents are submitted by the organizations. 

My point..... I do not see the IRS 990 for 2022, I see it for 2021 even though there is no 2021 audit, but I see neither for 2022, which would indicate that SCV has not even completed 2022 financials which would indicate a very long road toward getting an audit for 2022, and that road is WAAAAAAYYYYY LOOOOOONGER than what has been communicated as the time frame by the DOJ towards termination of SCV's non profit status. 

A WHOLE YEAR HAS BEEN SQUANDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCV has been lying since September 2022.