Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

12 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

DCI Annual Meeting starts Thursday morning 01-04-24.  SCV presentation will be the most anticipated event ever. Let's see what they have to say to the DCI Board and to the membership.  All of the work Richard has done will get blown out of the water is my guess. 

If CA doesn’t allow SCV to keep their non-profit status then SCV can’t operate bingo. And SCV management has claimed Bingo is a huge part of their income.

IOW DCI could bless everything SCV has said and done but… the corps could still have to close shop.

DCI Annual Meeting starts Thursday morning 01-04-24.  SCV presentation will be the most anticipated event ever. Let's see what they have to say to the DCI Board and to the membership.  All of the work Richard has done will get blown out of the water is my guess. 

My guess is there will be a PR focused presentation with no real information, skirting around the actual issues, and presenting a rosy outlook without much content. Thinking Meryl Streep in "Don't Look Up". 

DCI doesn't have the regulatory power in the way that the CA DOJ does. They have no reason to be transparent unless they choose to, which I doubt they will.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

To be fair, if I was calling something out for a year and receiving mostly disdain and ridicule from people, and I turned out to be right, I would hire my own personal marching band to follow people around with a "I TOLD YOU SO" banner for weeks on end. 

Or like this…

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If CA doesn’t allow SCV to keep their non-profit status then SCV can’t operate bingo. And SCV management has claimed Bingo is a huge part of their income.

IOW DCI could bless everything SCV has said and done but… the corps could still have to close shop.

Isn’t it a DCI rule that member Corps must be a tax-exempt nonprofit organization?  

Not that DCI hasn’t bent the rules for SCV in the past (1989 cough cough wink wink nudge nudge)…

• Like 1

Maybe they should be making this presentation to the State rather than their peers.  

Mike

• Like 5

It seems to me that both SCV and Cadets may be on the agenda...two different dumpster fires, the same but different. 

I would not be shocked to see DCI putting serious mileage between the mothership and both organizations, if for no other reason than limiting future financial risk to the org.

Lest we forget, the new CEO is in fact new to the activity and in all likelihood not possessing that same nostalgia that people like us may have for these two iconic brands. 

Santa Clara 87? Cadets 83-85?

He's never heard if them.

Maybe that's what needs to happen. 

7 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Letters from the CA DOJ are matters of public record that can't be spun away. The organization's leadership (the BOD) is in over their heads when it comes to Business 101, and the record shows that it has been the case there for years.  There's nothing to "blow out of the water", since the indictment of their mismanagement isn't a matter of opinion.

oh i  am sure anything public that comes out of the Januals will be white washed in PR terms. 

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Someone has to say it…

I'd prefer DCI does not bring out their dead

4 hours ago, TOC said:

Hasn't DCi released a video before with Dan Potter going over the proposals and side issues?

yeah but you think full transparency is going to be released on this? even controversial rules proposals get white washed

45 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

My guess is there will be a PR focused presentation with no real information, skirting around the actual issues, and presenting a rosy outlook without much content. Thinking Meryl Streep in "Don't Look Up". 

DCI doesn't have the regulatory power in the way that the CA DOJ does. They have no reason to be transparent unless they choose to, which I doubt they will.  

agreed. i'd be amazed if any of the actual public info is mentioned in DCI PR