Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

45 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Dubious?  The guy who uncovered G7 before anyone? Hmmm okay. 

Thinking of an old vaudeville doctor routine:

”you’re a doctor? I’m dubious “

”glad to meet you Mr Dubious “

IOW oblivious to what’s going on. Meaning the Reddit post talks like this is something new 🤦‍♂️

Edited by JimF-LowBari

TruthInDrumCorps.com

SCV managed to get me to give up using VMAPA.org, but I moved all my content to 

TruthInDrumCorps.com

I'm a little behind with this current stuff, but I'll get around to updating it. 

If anything.............. I repost the DOJ notifications and 990's and provide a single source of documentation there by taking a major step out of the process for folks trying to make heads or tails of this. All these documents have to be pulled from multiple sources. 

43 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I know you are originally from Texas, and as they say in Texas, ‘You can hope in one hand & spit into the other & see which fills up first’

sighs in Texan

I still maintain such high hopes. I just want to breathe easy about my home corps. I want to be proud. I want to engage and support. I've wanted to host a donation-only online dance class for alumni and others for a while now but I have no trust that any money earned would go where they say it is.

DOJ compliance would go a long way to help me begin to restore said trust. My engagement with too many fellow alum and the org directly has not garnered as much. I hope that changes too.

Hope hope hope.

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s my concern.  Not every young person auditioning for these corps is wealthy.  Taking their money and then suspending for the season could really hurt. 

they #### well better refund every penny if they suspend

• Like 1

Corruption surrounds itself with incompetence for corruption to continue to exist. 

To my critics, time is up. I just have to sit here and wait.

I explicitly said the new CEO was lying at his last official statement saying SCV was in compliance. Now I have proof. 16-NOV-2023 DOJ notice. They had a whole month to avoid that letter from getting sent, and they did nothing about it. All that letter seems to address is they need to submit a new form and another $50, and they couldn't even do that. 

The biggest takeaway about the latest DOJ letter is that the DOJ has placed the next decision point in the laps of the California Franchise Tax Board. 

What is not pointed out in the letter is the reason for the escalation to the Tax Board is the chain of notifications going back to 2020. 

So what I understand from the DOJ notice is that the DOJ is done with this nonsense and sending the next step in the process to the Franchise Tax Board. 

Why is every single communication from SCV down playing the problem followed by an escalation from the State of California.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I will give credit to Cadets for facing facts & pulling the plug before auditions actually started.   Even if it did take a bit for some of their social media to get the message.  

my hunch on that is the social media was scheduled and the team wasn't made aware in time to pull it

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

sighs in Texan

I still maintain such high hopes. I just want to breathe easy about my home corps. I want to be proud. I want to engage and support. I've wanted to host a donation-only online dance class for alumni and others for a while now but I have no trust that any money earned would go where they say it is.

DOJ compliance would go a long way to help me begin to restore said trust. My engagement with too many fellow alum and the org directly has not garnered as much. I hope that changes too.

Hope hope hope.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22075932/mediaviewer/rm2222064129/?ref_=tt_ov_i

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

my hunch on that is the social media was scheduled and the team wasn't made aware in time to pull it

Agree.  To their credit, once the board decided to suspend for 2024, it seems that they put out press release immediately, and in process caught some of their own people by surprise.  

34 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Dubious?  The guy who uncovered G7 before anyone? Hmmm okay. 

ah he's a two bit hack

• Haha 2