Cadets Suspend for 2024

39 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Did I mention anything specific? I just said that bringing up cuts brings a knee jerk reaction to some people. When tightening the belt can’t even be mentioned that’s a huge problem (have seen it other places)

I am not mentioning anything specific either. I just think that death by a thousand little cuts is not going to work without bastardizing the product. 

Nobody is saying "do not tighten the belt" I am saying that corps have the agency to know when to pull back and that you cannot legislate what corps needs cut. If even $100k in a $1.7 mil budget is the difference between touring and folding, then you should not be touring in the first place. 

9 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I am not mentioning anything specific either. I just think that death by a thousand little cuts is not going to work without bastardizing the product. 

Nobody is saying "do not tighten the belt" I am saying that corps have the agency to know when to pull back and that you cannot legislate what corps needs cut. If even $100k in a $1.7 mil budget is the difference between touring and folding, then you should not be touring in the first place. 

So your suggestions are? Asking as what I’ve seen from you is downing what others have brought up? 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So your suggestions are? Asking as what I’ve seen from you is downing what others have brought up? 

If I had those answers, I would be DCI CEO. 

Let me ask you guys a question.... Would Cadets be marching this year if they did not bring out props and an extra truck, or are their problems larger? 

2 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

If I had those answers, I would be DCI CEO. 

Let me ask you guys a question.... Would Cadets be marching this year if they did not bring out props and an extra truck, or are their problems larger? 

You get asked a question and deflect by asking about Cadets and the usual “if a corps problem is $xxx in a million dollar budget they shouldn’t be touring” remark. Smdh

Moving their base of operations far away from their core region of supporters, with whom they have the most history and support from, was a terrible idea!!!  You can’t expect folks, unfamiliar with any new-to-the-area organization, especially an arts & entertainment NPO, to automatically start donating.  What have the Cadets done for Erie?  Drum corps are actually more of a burden than a benefit, if you think about it.  Always asking for money.  

I know the modern drum corps community can’t stand “tradition and nostalgia” but, they have likely been the most significant keys to maintaining drum corps since their beginning and likely always will.  Therefore, I am not surprised to hear about their hiatus.  They have let down their supporters and are paying for it.  

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

You get asked a question and deflect by asking about Cadets and the usual “if a corps problem is $xxx in a million dollar budget they shouldn’t be touring” remark. Smdh

You are asking me to solve the finances of DCI and give solutions to things that DCI cannot legislate. 

My entire argument is not about how to solve the issue, but its about why half measures are not the answer and when a corps folds its usually not the small stuff that causes it. 

This is bad. Really bad. when SCV went inactive, well their management had ran the corps into the ground. But now…

30 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Yup; it all started going downhill with The Cadets 'Angels & Demons' then piled on by BAC looking for witches.  Maybe throw in a dose of 2023 Mandrins 😁 

You are actually not too far off. Lots of "woke" messaging ever since "narration/preaching" overlaid music books.

12 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

You are asking me to solve the finances of DCI and give solutions to things that DCI cannot legislate. 

My entire argument is not about how to solve the issue, but its about why half measures are not the answer and when a corps folds its usually not the small stuff that causes it. 

My point is you bring nothing to the table but downing others comments. Beginning to appreciate my one boss who said “if you come to me with a complaint also bring something you might think will help”.

And wasn’t asking you to “solve” anything, just wanted to know if you had anything positive to contribute 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2