Cadets Suspend for 2024

Just now, TOC said:

Easily as it turned out.  

1. 27th 85.05

2. No. Star 82.35

3. Bridgemen 80.80

4. Freelancer's 79.30

5. Crusaders 75.45

Boston,  who had 25 horns in 1979, more than held their own....and the only corps to survive another 44 years after this show.

• Like 2

Just now, TOC said:

I know that.  I was looking for the person who caused the crash.

Ahhh, to be honest I can’t remember his name 

5 minutes ago, craiga said:

The renowned 27th Lancers.   Don't let Jurassic Lancer fool you....in 79 their buses were tied the Troopers for the oldest in DCI.

Was it 27 who had the one bus with what we called “the Santa Clara lean”? Whoever it was, it made me feel better about the school buses.  At least they were upright. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m sad tonight. Maybe delayed grief.

The show that changed EVERYTHING for me and I believe, the activity. I still remember that tenor break in Concerto in F like I had first heard it yesterday. I first saw this show in Madison, Wisconsin at Drums On and I was in love. I never thought much about Garfield before then.  They certainly got my attention that night. Groundbreaking is a term overused in drum corps. This was legitimately groundbreaking.

if posting this is not permitted, I apologize. 

That tenor break is still my favorite to this day. Sometimes I listen to that show just to hear it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Was it 27 who had the one bus with what we called “the Santa Clara lean”? Whoever it was, it made me feel better about the school buses.  At least they were upright. 

Late 70s Crossmen had buses that had “seen better days”. 😱 One was called the Hindenburg. No idea which one it was but bus #1 burned a lot of engine oil. You could tell because the front corner of bus #2 was black from the oil smoke. 😨😨

• Haha 2